- Dual Phase Push-Pull Drivers
- 13 mm x2 Drivers
- 12 ohms Impedance
- silicone eartips (XS/S/M/L) and protective carrying case
Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 SonicPro® In-Ear Headphones
Equipped with the world’s first dual phase push-pull driver system, the Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 SonicPro® In-Ear Headphones in-ear headphones deliver high-resolution audio that’s true to the original sound. The unique push-pull system incorporates two facing 13 mm drivers that generate phase-aligned audio signals that are mixed to compensate for each driver’s inefficiencies, while providing an equal and tailored response without artificial coloration. By reducing intermodulation distortion, the push-pull drivers deliver extended frequency response for life-like sound. The ATH-CKR10 also features metal-coated titanium housings for a rigidity that greatly reduces unwanted vibration. A stainless steel acoustic resister improves high-frequency response, while a bass acoustic resister provides accurate low-frequency response. Four sizes of interchangeable eartips are included for a customized, secure fit and improved sound isolation.
About High-Resolution Audio
In Brief: The Move to Hi-Res Audio
While many listeners may believe that high-resolution audio came along with the introduction of the Compact Disc in 1982, constraints on the disc’s storage space always prevented CD audio (standardized at 44.1 kHz/16-bit) from fully and completely reproducing the original recorded sound. The advent and subsequent popularity of MP3s only made this problem more pronounced – the necessary compression of these files causes audio information to be lost, thus greatly reducing the audio quality. But with lossless audio file formats, faster Internet speeds, and storage space increasingly easy to come by (and in ever-smaller packages), the push is on to create audio equipment capable of capturing and reproducing true Hi-Res Audio, generally considered to be 96 kHz/24-bit or better. The Hi-Res Audio logo certifies that a product meets the Hi-Res Audio standards. Per these standards, headphones must have transducer frequency performance to at least 40 kHz. As a producer of these types of audiophile headphones since 1972, Audio-Technica is well-positioned to provide audio solutions that meet the demands of Hi-Res Audio media formats, allowing for the full reproduction of their extended sonic characteristics.
- Delivers amazing, high-resolution reproduction of the original sound
- World’s first dual phase push-pull drivers (13 mm x 2, with pure iron yoke) provide extended frequency response by reducing intermodulation distortion
- Metal-coated titanium housings for a rigidity that greatly reduces unwanted vibration
- Stainless steel acoustic resister provides improved high-frequency response, while bass acoustic resister delivers accurate low-frequency response
- Includes silicone eartips (XS/S/M/L) and protective carrying case