The N6ii-Ti will pre-install our latest 24Bit Discrete R-2R R01 Audio Motherboard and it will become the first Android based, streaming ready R-2R DAP in the market
The N6ii-Ti chassis is CNC from a solid piece of Titanium, we use Grade 2 Titanium which is the “workhorse” of the commercially pure titanium industry and is widely used in Medical and Marine industries. Titanium is roughly 30% stronger than Steel but nearly 50% lighter. However Aluminium is lighter than Titanium, that's why the N6ii-Ti is weighted at ~390g, roughly 100g heavier then the original N6ii. Due to Titanium's weight, strength and high corrosion resistance property, it is an ideal material for chassis of expensive and delicate equipment. The circuitry and electronic components of the two N6ii are identical, and they run on the same set of hardware, their only different is replacing the aluminium chassis with Titanium chassis.
There are several questions we want to clarify before we move on:
- Will N6ii-Ti and N6ii sound different? Probably will, because the grounding and EMI shielding are different, but the different should be minimal and we'll leave the final judgement to users.
- Can you use other Audio Motherboard with N6ii-Ti? Yes you certainly can, but since R01 is the only Audio Motherboard that available in Titanium version, all other Audio Motherboards are black aluminium exclusively, it will looks a bit odd when you insert other Audio Motherboard into N6ii-Ti.
- Will the R01 bundled with N6ii-Ti sounds different form the black aluminium R01? Probably won't, the only different is EMI shielding and we have make appropriate adjustment in N6ii-Ti to compensate the EMI different.
Nii-Ti (R-2R Titanium Limited Edition)
- Choice of Replaceable Audio Motherboards with different combination of DAC and amplification technologies (only available in black aluminum version)
- Fully Customized Android 8.1 with Google Play pre-installed
- Support popular streaming service such as Tidal, Qobuz, Spotify, KKBox, ...
- Direct Transport Audio (DTA) bypassing Android SRC, resampling free playback
- Support all popular Hi-Res music formats, direct handling of SACD-ISO
- Snapdragon CPU with 4G RAM, Snappy operation with processing power to spare
- Support OTG storage: SD card, Flash Drive, SSD, Harddisk (external power supply)
- Storage capacity: 64 GB internal memory, one TF card up to 1TB
- Comprehensive digital output option: I2S(mini HDMI), USB Audio, and S/PDIF
- Dual Band 2.4G/5G Wi-Fi for OTA firmware upgrade and online streaming
- Bluetooth 4.2 with Hi-Res Codec (aptX and LDAC) upto 96kHz Hi-Res audio wireless
- Remote control by your mobile phone through HiByLink
- Multifunction Type-C port: charging, OTG, USB DAC, digital outputs
- 4.2” 768x1280 Multi-touch True Color IPS touch screen
- 5900mAH battery, upto 12.5 hours continuous playback
- Support Quick Charge technology (QC3.0), from 10% to 90% in less than 2 hours
- CNC machined Titanium (TA2) with finest sandblast finishing
- Tempered glass back panel
- 121mm x 70mm x 21mm, ~390g
Audio Motherboard R01
- 24Bit Discrete R-2R Ladder DAC
- PCM up to 24bit/384kHz
- DSD up to 11.2MHz (DSD256)
- Parallel headphone amplification, deliver more power and output current capability
- Balanced 4.4mm phone out delivers upto 430mW per channel (@32Ω)
- Single-ended 3.5mm phone out delivers 240mW per channel (@32Ω)
- Extremely low output impedance: Single-ended at 0.45Ω, balanced at 0.68Ω