1 Year Warranty. Free expedited shipping.
FiiO - A5 Portable Headphone Amplifier
- 800mW at 32 Ohms
- Signal to Noise Ratio of 115 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion of 0.002%
- CNC-Milled 1/8? Headphone Jack
- 880mAh 11V Battery
The FiiO A5 headphone amp is among FiiO's latest product releases for 2016 and it represents a slightly improved version of the powerful, recently discontinued FiiO E12 Mont Blanc amp.
Delivering 11 clean volts of output power, this little analog beast can drive your high-end planar headphones with aplomb on 'High Gain' or your in-ear headphones equally well employing the A5's sensitive 'Low Gain' setting.
The headphone amplifier also sports an 880mAh battery which can last up to 13 hours on a 2.5-hour charge when supplied power via an optional 5V/2A charger. When charging, the A5 will automatically adjust the amount of current it accepts depending on whether you're using a computer's USB port, a tablet charger, or a cell phone charger. An LED indicates the A5's charging status.
Furthermore, the 1/8" headphone jack utilizes a CNC stainless steel ring, rather than copper, which was used in previous models. This, combined with a plastic ring, ensures the termination port is integrated with no gaps whatsoever, giving you a sturdier connection for your headphones. The amp accepts signal through a 1/8" jack located near the headphone jack, and features a switch that allows you to adjust between high and low gain settings. The A5 ships with a USB power cable, two silicone pads, four silicone bands, an 1/8" audio cable, and a cloth pouch
- Key Features at a Glance
- Provides 800mW at 32 Ohms
- Offers a MUSES02 and LME49600 Opamp combination
- Sports a signal to noise ratio of 115 dB
- Features a total harmonic distortion of 0.002%
- Utilizes low resistance power management
- Provides an 880mAh 11V battery
- Battery lasts for up to 13 hours on a 2.5-hour charge
- LED displays charging status
- CNC-Milled headphone jack provides sturdier connection
- Volume knob inspired by string instruments and designed with fifty-six 45° etched lines
- Sandblasted zirconium finish provides a robust enclosure