Shanling at Audio46
Shanling UP4 Portable Hi-Fi Bluetooth Amplifier
With Balanced output for better sound and even more power
- Dual ES9218P DAC/AMP
- Dual DAC mode
- CSR8675 Bluetooth 5.0
- 4 Digital Filters
- Low & High Gain
- 2.5mm Balanced output
- 3.5mm Single ended output
- Extra powerful output
- Up to 15h battery life
Please note USB DAC Input up to 16bit/48kHz
Shanling's portable players are known for their beautiful minimalistic style, combining aluminium frame with 2.5D glass panels into sleek rounded body. And Shanling UP4 is no different.
With support of LDAC / HWA LHDC / aptX HD / aptX LL / aptX / AAC / SBC, it is possible for the Shanling UP4 to connect to any device, with the highest possible quality. Thanks to support of the LDAC, HWA LHDC and aptX HD, Shanling UP4 can reproduce full resolution of audio files, including Hi-Res audio.
The LED indicator always shows currently used codec, making it easy to confirm if the highest possible quality is being achieved.
aptX / aptX LL: Purple
aptX HD: Yellow
* The LED indicator flashes every 5 seconds.
Proven Audio Tuning from Hi-Fi professionals
Using two ESS Sabre ES9218P audio chips, sound quality of UP4 follows up on our highly acclaimed Shanling M0 and UP2. Offering high resolution, clear and powerful output with low output impedance, while being very power efficient.
Signal-to-noise ratio 120 dB
Distortion 0.003 %
Support up to 96 kHz/24 bit
Balanced Output For Even Better Sound
Connect your headphones to 2.5mm jack balanced output to fully utilize potential of two ES9218P audio chips. Providing significantly increased power, higher resolution, improved channel separation and better detail retrieval.
Gain and Digital Filter Settings
Easily switch among three gain settings (low, high and Dual DAC/Boost) and 4 sound altering digital filter, all with dedicated Mode button.
4 sound altering digital filter
- Linear phase fast roll-off filter: Natural sound
- Linear phase slow roll-off filter: Accurate sound
- Minimum phase fast roll-off filter: Mellow sound
- Minimum phase slow roll-off filter: Warm sound
Different digital filters affect digital-to-analog conversion of ES9218P, resulting in slight alterations to overall sound.
Dual DAC mode
When balanced is not an option
With Dual DAC mode, UP4 is able to use both of its ES9218P sound chips and their higher output power even when using standard headphones and 3.5mm single ended output.
Connection with no interruptions
CSR8675 Bluetooth chip assures the best connectivity, offering stable connection at longer distances, minimized latency and high resistance to any interferences.
Transmission distance 🟊🟊🟊🟊🟊
Signal Stability 🟊🟊🟊🟊🟊
Hi-Fi sound for every waking moment
With bigger 550 mAh battery, UP4 provides you with quality sound from early morning until late evening. And thanks to deep standby function, no energy will be wasted when UP4 is not in use.
For the cleaner calls quality
With the high-quality Knowles Si Sonic microphone and new 8.0 generation of cVc noise cancellation technology, your voice during calls will be cleaner and easier to be understood, even in the noisiest environments.
Instant pairing with NFC
Thanks to support of NFC pairing, UP4 can be paired with any device in only few seconds and with just one touch.
* NFC pairing needs to be supported by the device.
More Than Just an Amplifier
Connect the Shanling UP4 to your computer to use it as USB DAC/AMP, acting as external sound card. Easy connection with any USB-C cable and without need for additional drivers, just plug and play.
Dual Hi-Res Audio Certification
UP4 earned the “Hi-Res Audio" and "Hi-Res Wireless Audio" certifications from Japan Audio Society. Proving it can be fully trusted source for all your High-resolution music.
Buttons and functions
- On the back: Status indicator and NFC Sensor Area
- On the side: Multi-functional wheel
- Power On/Off: Long press for 3 seconds
- Play / Pause: Single click
- Next Track: Double click
- Previous track: Triple click
- Voice Assistant: Quadruple click
- On the bottom: Plugs
- 3.5 mm
- BAL 2.5 mm
- Mode button
- On the top: USB-C connector
- Single click - Display current gain mode
- Low gain: Blue light
- High gain: Green light
- Dual DAC / Boost gain mode: Yellow light
- Double click - switch between three gain modes
- Dual DAC mode available only when using 3.5mm Single-ended output
- Long press for 3 seconds - Switch between digital filters
- Linear phase fast roll-off filter: Blue light
- Linear phase slow roll-off filter: Green light
- Minimum phase fast roll-off filter: Purple light
- Minimum phase slow roll-off filter: Yellow light
* Color of newly set filters lights up for 3 seconds
Wear it any way you like it
UP4 comes with removable clip case, offering high practicality of clip, while keeping your device slim for comfortable use in pocket. Now with improved design, assuring tougher and longer lasting construction.
- Bluetooth Codecs LDAC, HWA (LHDC), aptX HD, aptX Low Latency, aptX, AAC, SBC
- Bluetooth chip Qualcomm CSR8675
- Audio chip ESS Sabre ES9218P x2
- Bluetooth version Bluetooth 5.0
- Transmission distance 10 meters
- Microphone Knowles SiSonic's high quality microphone
- Output power
- 71 mW @ 32 Ω (single ended, high gain)
- 91 mW @ 32 Ω (single ended, Dual DAC mode)
- 160 mW @ 32 Ω (balanced output)
- 120 dB (single ended)
- 120 dB (balanced)
- Channel separating degree
- 73 dB @ 32 Ω (single ended)
- 96 dB @ 32 Ω (balanced)
- 0.003% (LDAC/A-W/0.5V/32 Ω)
- 0.03% (0.5 V/others/A-W/32 Ω)
- USB DAC Input up to 16bit/48kHz
- Battery Life 15 hours (single ended), 10 hours (balanced)
- Charging 2 hours
- Battery 550 mAh
- Power adapter DC 5V / 500 mA
- USB type-C interface, support driver-free USB
- Accessories DAC Clip case, USB-C cable, User Guide
- Volume control Independent from smartphone volume setting, controlled by volume wheel
- Audio output 3.5mm and 2.5mm jack
- Size 60 mm * 36 mm * 13.5 mm
- Weight 37 g