Audio-Technica at Audio46
Audio-Technica AT-DAC100 Digital-To-Analog Converter (Open box)
Product SKU: AT-DAC100 (OB)
Out of Stock
Currently unavailable to ship. See our form to sign-up to be notified when it's back in stock!
30 day Returns
Sometimes it's not meant to be. Let us know within 30 days.
Authorized U.S. Dealer
Having issues after 30 days? Comes with Audio-Technica's 2 year limited warranty
This item is not eligible for promotional codes. You may still redeem Audio46 Rewards.
The AT-DAC100 digital-to-analog converter is designed to deliver unmatched audio quality from high-resolution digital sound sources, and, when complemented by the AT-BHA100 headphone amplifier, is ideal for use with hi-fi headphones such as the ATH-ADX5000, ATH-MSR7b, and the ATH-AW Series. This compact desktop unit is compatible with a variety of high-definition formats, including 768 kHz, 32-bit (linear PCM) and 22.4 MHz (DSD) audio, allowing you to hear a recording’s every detail.
The DAC’s two-channel AKM AK4452VN converter offers a high signal-to-noise ratio and low distortion. And, unlike conventional DACs, the AT-DAC100 is uniquely tuned to suppress high-frequency noise output, delivering accurate playback of high-resolution sound sources and making the unit ideally suited for use with the AT-BHA100 balanced headphone amplifier. The low-pass filter section of the DAC features the audio-grade LME49860 operational amplifier from Texas Instruments for low distortion and superior attack performance.
The unit features a high-quality Analog Devices power supply and audio-grade Nichicon chemical capacitors and WIMA film capacitors. It is equipped with USB-C, USB-B, optical, and coaxial inputs, so you can enjoy high-quality streaming and playback from a variety of high-resolution sound sources.
- Support for 768 kHz, 32-bit (linear PCM) and 22.4 MHz (DSD) audio lets you fully enjoy these high-resolution sound sources
- A two-channel AKM AK4452VN converter offers a high signal-to-noise ratio and low distortion
- Unlike conventional DACs, the AT-DAC100 is specifically tuned for vacuum tube preamplifiers – it suppresses high-frequency noise output for precise playback of high-resolution sound sources
- High-quality Analog Devices power supply provides the stability to ensure accurate reproduction of the sound source
- Audio-grade Texas Instruments LME49860 operational amplifier offers low distortion and superior attack performance, resulting in a perfect balance of high-resolution and low-frequency content
- Operational amp is combined with a low-distortion, low-noise metal thin-film resistor to create a high-quality filter circuit
- Nichicon chemical capacitors contribute to the low-frequency characteristics of the audio, leading to powerful bass
- WIMA film capacitors create smooth, low-distortion sonic characteristics for natural, clear sound
- Two USB inputs (USB-C and USB-B) and two additional digital inputs (optical and coaxial) enable connection to a variety of devices
- Compact unit can be set up vertically or horizontally
- Large-capacity external AC adapter separates the power supply from the main unit for reduced noise
|System Requirements||Computer with a USB 2.0 port
CPU: Intel Core i3 CPU 2.2 GHz or higher, or AMD CPU equivalent to Intel
RAM: 32-bit OS 2 GB or more, 64-bit OS 4 GB or more
|Compatible OS||Windows 8.1, Windows 10, and Mac OS X or later|
|Frequency Response||5 Hz – 90 kHz (0, -3 dB)|
|Total Harmomic Distortion||<=0.005% (20 Hz - 20 kHz)|
|Signal-to-Noise Ratio||105 dB (A-weighted, 1 Vrms output)|
|Separation Between Channels||105 dB (20 Hz - 20 kHz)|
|Input Terminals||USB-B (44.1 kHz – 768 kHz, 16 – 32 bit DSD64, DSD128, DSD256, DSD512)
USB-C (44.1 kHz – 768 kHz, 16 – 32 bit DSD64, DSD128, DSD256, DSD512)
Coaxial digital (32 kHz – 192 kHz, 16 – 24 bit)
Optical digital (32 kHz – 192 kHz, 16 – 24 bit)
|Output Terminals||Analog output (pin jack) x 2|
|Power Supply||100 – 120V AC, 50/60 Hz, 15V DC/2.4 A (AC adapter provided)|
|Power Consumption||3 W (max)|
|Dimensions||44 mm (1.73") H × 210 mm (8.27") W × 135 mm (5.31") D (excluding protrusions)|
|Weight||1.0 kg (35.3 oz)|
|Accessories Included||AC adapter, power cable, feet (6), stands (2)|