D 1050 USB 24/192 DAC
- Asynchronous 24/192 USB input
- 2 x Optical, 2 x Coaxial SPDIF Inputs
- Balanced XLR and Single Ended Outputs
- Discrete High Performance Headphone Amplifier
- Remote Power Supply
MAGIC FROM A DAC, THE D 1050
The NAD D 1050 USB DAC is the best way to add Computer Audio and HD Digital to your component hi-fi system. Both the digital and the analog circuits are highly optimized and based on techniques developed over 40 years of NAD audio engineering excellence. The digital inputs cater to many different digital sources. SPDIF inputs support balanced AES/EBU, coaxial and optical connectors. The USB input is very special; its asynchronous operation mode uses the D 1050’s high precision clock to control the output of the connected USB device for lowest possible jitter. It also supports USB Audio Codec 2.0 allowing 192kHz signal transmission.
The digital processing of the D 1050 features Delta/Sigma architecture with active oversampling filters. This technique effectively reduces out of band noise while maintaining linear phase response and virtual elimination of filter ringing in the pass band. This assures detailed and extended high frequency response while taking full advantage of the extended response of recordings sampled at 88.2kHz and above.
We pack a lot of premium high spec parts inside the D 1050. But premium parts need optimal implementation to get the actual performance they promise. This is where NAD expertise with both digital and analog circuits shows its true value. Ultra short impedance-controlled signal paths are made possible by multi-layer circuit boards and micro-miniaturized surface mount components soldered with lead-free high silver content solder. These details all contribute to the remarkable performance of this advanced DAC.
Analog outputs are fixed and include both balanced and single-ended connections. We also include a premium quality headphone amplifier output that includes a high quality volume control. Output impedance is extremely low, minimizing the effect of connecting cables and keeping noise vanishingly low.
- supports sample rates up to 24-bit/192kHz for listening to high-resolution digital music sources
- asynchronous USB technology for reduced timing jitter and better sound on USB input
- front-panel sampling rate indicator verifies incoming source rate
- high-performance headphone amplifier with minijack (3.5mm) front-panel output and volume control
- specially designed low-noise headphone circuitry accommodates a wide range of 'phones up to 600 ohms
- two optical and two RCA coaxial digital audio inputs
- USB (Type B) input for connection to a computer
- fixed-level RCA and balanced XLR audio outputs
- supported sample rates for USB and coaxial inputs: 32/44.1/48/88.2/96/172.4/192kHz
- supported sample rates for optical inputs: 32/44.1/48/88.2/96kHz
- operating system requirements: Windows® XP (Service Pack 2 or higher), Windows 7, and Mac® OS X® 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and later
- NAD USB 2.0 driver required for playback on Windows computers (free USB driver download available from NAD's website)
- Mac OS X 10.6 or later supports plug-and-play operation, so no dedicated driver is required
- frequency response: 20Hz to 96kHz (±0.5 dB)
- THD: less than 0.001%
- signal-to-noise ratio: greater than 115 dB
- external power supply included
- 4 self-adhesive rubber feet included
- 2-5/16"W x 7-5/16"H x 9-5/16"D (vertical orientation)
- weight: 2.2 lbs. (without power supply)
- If connecting to a TV, please make sure you can select "PCM" output in your TV's audio menu. This DAC cannot decode multi-channel Dolby® Digital signals.