Audio-Technica at Audio46
Audio-Technica AT-DAC100 Digital-To-Analog Converter
Product SKU: AT-DAC100
Out of Stock
Currently unavailable to ship. See our form to sign-up to be notified when it's back in stock!
Final sale, no returns
Authorized U.S. Dealer
Having issues? Comes with Audio-Technica's 2 year limited warranty
This item is not eligible for promotional codes. You may still earn and redeem Audio46 Rewards.
The AT-DAC100 digital-to-analog converter is designed to deliver unmatched audio quality from high-resolution digital sound sources, and, when complemented by the AT-BHA100 headphone amplifier, is ideal for use with hi-fi headphones such as the ATH-ADX5000, ATH-MSR7b, and the ATH-AW Series. This compact desktop unit is compatible with a variety of high-definition formats, including 768 kHz, 32-bit (linear PCM) and 22.4 MHz (DSD) audio, allowing you to hear a recording’s every detail.
The DAC’s two-channel AKM AK4452VN converter offers a high signal-to-noise ratio and low distortion. And, unlike conventional DACs, the AT-DAC100 is uniquely tuned to suppress high-frequency noise output, delivering accurate playback of high-resolution sound sources and making the unit ideally suited for use with the AT-BHA100 balanced headphone amplifier. The low-pass filter section of the DAC features the audio-grade LME49860 operational amplifier from Texas Instruments for low distortion and superior attack performance.
The unit features a high-quality Analog Devices power supply and audio-grade Nichicon chemical capacitors and WIMA film capacitors. It is equipped with USB-C, USB-B, optical, and coaxial inputs, so you can enjoy high-quality streaming and playback from a variety of high-resolution sound sources.
- Support for 768 kHz, 32-bit (linear PCM) and 22.4 MHz (DSD) audio lets you fully enjoy these high-resolution sound sources
- A two-channel AKM AK4452VN converter offers a high signal-to-noise ratio and low distortion
- Unlike conventional DACs, the AT-DAC100 is specifically tuned for vacuum tube preamplifiers – it suppresses high-frequency noise output for precise playback of high-resolution sound sources
- High-quality Analog Devices power supply provides the stability to ensure accurate reproduction of the sound source
- Audio-grade Texas Instruments LME49860 operational amplifier offers low distortion and superior attack performance, resulting in a perfect balance of high-resolution and low-frequency content
- Operational amp is combined with a low-distortion, low-noise metal thin-film resistor to create a high-quality filter circuit
- Nichicon chemical capacitors contribute to the low-frequency characteristics of the audio, leading to powerful bass
- WIMA film capacitors create smooth, low-distortion sonic characteristics for natural, clear sound
- Two USB inputs (USB-C and USB-B) and two additional digital inputs (optical and coaxial) enable connection to a variety of devices
- Compact unit can be set up vertically or horizontally
- Large-capacity external AC adapter separates the power supply from the main unit for reduced noise
|System Requirements||Computer with a USB 2.0 port
CPU: Intel Core i3 CPU 2.2 GHz or higher, or AMD CPU equivalent to Intel
RAM: 32-bit OS 2 GB or more, 64-bit OS 4 GB or more
|Compatible OS||Windows 8.1, Windows 10, and Mac OS X or later|
|Frequency Response||5 Hz – 90 kHz (0, -3 dB)|
|Total Harmomic Distortion||<=0.005% (20 Hz - 20 kHz)|
|Signal-to-Noise Ratio||105 dB (A-weighted, 1 Vrms output)|
|Separation Between Channels||105 dB (20 Hz - 20 kHz)|
|Input Terminals||USB-B (44.1 kHz – 768 kHz, 16 – 32 bit DSD64, DSD128, DSD256, DSD512)
USB-C (44.1 kHz – 768 kHz, 16 – 32 bit DSD64, DSD128, DSD256, DSD512)
Coaxial digital (32 kHz – 192 kHz, 16 – 24 bit)
Optical digital (32 kHz – 192 kHz, 16 – 24 bit)
|Output Terminals||Analog output (pin jack) x 2|
|Power Supply||100 – 120V AC, 50/60 Hz, 15V DC/2.4 A (AC adapter provided)|
|Power Consumption||3 W (max)|
|Dimensions||44 mm (1.73") H × 210 mm (8.27") W × 135 mm (5.31") D (excluding protrusions)|
|Weight||1.0 kg (35.3 oz)|
|Accessories Included||AC adapter, power cable, feet (6), stands (2)|