Audio-Technica at Audio46
Audio-Technica ATH-ADX5000 Audiophile Open-Air Headphones
Product SKU: ATH-ADX5000
Ready Monday Monday
Order now for shipping on Monday
Order now for shipping on Monday
Shipping available to: USA only
FREE U.S. 2-3 day Shipping
Estimated U.S. delivery between Wednesday, Sep 27 and Thursday, Sep 28 Wednesday, Sep 27 and Thursday, Sep 28
30 day Returns
Sometimes it's not meant to be. Let us know within 30 days.
Authorized U.S. Dealer
Having issues after 30 days? Comes with Audio-Technica's 2 year limited warranty
This item is not eligible for promotional codes. You may still earn and redeem Audio46 Rewards.
- Open Air Dynamic type
- Driver: 58 mm, magnetic circuit using permendur
- Output sound pressure level: 100 dB / mW
- Frequency Response: 5 to 50,000 Hz
- Maximum input: 1,000 mW
- Impedance: 420
- Input terminal: A2DC connector jack
- Plug: 6.3 mm gold plated stereo standard plug
- Accessories: 3.0 m detachable cord (6.3 mm gold plated stereo standard plug) /Hard case /Japanese Instruction Manual
The ATH-ADX5000 Hi-Res Audio headphones set a new standard in open-back headphone performance. First of all, the headphones utilize newly developed Core Mount Technology. This technology optimally positions the driver unit within the housing to improve airflow efficiency. As a result, the headphones reproduce highly transparent mid and high frequencies and rich, precise bass sound.
Next, the 58 mm drivers combine a tungsten-coated diaphragm, baffle and Permendur magnetic circuit in a single unit. Consequently, this reduces unwanted vibration. The headphones are lighter than they would be otherwise because they don't require screw clamps. The baffle is made of a highly-rigid polyphenylene sulfide (PPS)/glass fiber composite. Therefore, it provides stable diaphragm movement.
Finally, the housings of the Audio Technica ATH-ADX5000 Audiophile Open-Air Headphones have a honeycomb-punched design. As a result, it keeps the housing face open to ventilation, while closing off the sides. Additionally, it delivers an accurate, natural sound, but prevents air pressure loss that can negatively affect sound quality. Strong and lightweight magnesium makes up the frame of the headphones. Lastly, the earpads and headband are fashioned from Alcantara, a material known for its extreme durability and comfort.
The Audio Technica ATH-ADX5000 Audiophile Open-Air Headphones are the first of this kind by Audio Technica!
In the Box
Additionally, the ATH-ADX5000 headphones come with a detachable 3.0 m (9.8') cable with A2DC (Audio Designed Detachable Coaxial) connectors at the headphones and a 6.3 mm (1/4") gold-plated stereo plug for connecting to devices. Laser etched serial numbers identify each pair of headphones. Each comes with a specially designed hard carrying case.
- 58 mm integrated driver units utilize a Permendur magnetic circuit with exceptional magnetic characteristics
- Each housing is carefully hand assembled in Tokyo
- Tungsten-coated diaphragm provides high rigidity for an improved transient response
- Integrated driver unit design combines diaphragm, voice coil, baffle and magnet in single unit to reduce unwanted vibration
- Laser etched serial number identifies each pair which comes with a specially designed hard carrying case
- Newly developed Core Mount Technology places driver unit in optimal position for improved airflow and excellent full-range audio reproduction
- Magnesium frame results in rigid, thin, lightweight construction
- New honeycomb-punched housing design blocks side ventilation to prevent undesirable air pressure loss
- Luxurious Alcantara material used on earpads and headband, providing amazing comfort and durability
- Detachable 3.0 m (9.8') cable with A2DC (Audio Designed Detachable Coaxial) connectors at the headphones and 6.3 mm (1/4") gold-plated stereo plug
WHAT THE PRESS IS SAYING
"I think Audio-Technica ATH-ADX5000 is not getting attention it deserves. :)
Having listened extensively to Audeze LCD-3, Audeze LCD-X, Sennheiser HD 800 S, Sennheiser HD 800, Focal Clear, Focal Elegia, MrSpeakers AEON Flow Open, MrSpeakers AEON Flow Closed, Audeze LCD-2 and Audeze LCD-2 Classic at my local dealer, ATH-ADX5000 were my favorite headphones, with incredible detail, speed, transparency, extremely airy, and completely "effortless" when playing."
"They're not $2,000 headphones, they're a portal to sounds you've never heard"
"The Audio Techinca ATH-ADX5000 are wonderfully comfortable, light, and great sounding headphones. They did a great job with their first open back cans and Im excited to see what they come up with next."
|Driver Diameter||58 mm|
|Frequency Response||5 – 50,000 Hz|
|Maximum Input Power||1,000 mw|
|Cable||Detachable 3.0 m (9.8') cable with A2DC connectors|
|Connector||6.3 mm (1/4") gold-plated stereo plug|
|Accessories Included||Hard carrying case|