iFi at Audio46
Pro Signature style amplification.
The Pro iCAN Signature is our new flagship analogue headphone amplifier and stereo preamplifier.
Knows no fear
The Pro iCAN Signature is our new upgraded edition of the original Pro iCAN.
The Signature edition builds on the strengths of the Pro iCAN and features even more ultra-grade audiophile components designed to take your listening to a higher plane than ever before.
It is a top-of-the-line headphone amplifier that is capable of driving anything and everything from the most sensitive custom iEMs to the AKG K-1000, the most difficult to drive headphone ever made.
Amp it up to ultra
Enhancements to the Pro iCAN Signature include:
- Revised circuit design incorporates even more ultra-grade audiophile components
- Upgraded power supply circuits to eradicate even more noise and distortion
- Top of the range iPower Elite offboard AC/DC power supply included
- Hand-selected and matched tubes in the output stage
- 4.4mm Pentaconn balanced-headphone output
- New aluminium remote control
Beautifully balanced Pro power
The Pro iCAN Signature sports an end-to-end fully differential balanced circuit design that delivers ultra low distortion. This means extraordinary quality with minimal interference and reduced crosstalk. The sound is cleaner, deeper and more dynamic.
It is also exceptionally powerful and will drive any headphone on the planet. It boasts balanced output power of >14,000mW and single-ended power output of >4,800mW.
And with variable gain, you can adjust the Pro iCAN Signature to drive your headphone of choice.
To tube or not to tube…?
Or to Tube+? That is the question.
With the Pro iCAN Signature you can enjoy the sound of solid-state or tubes in one single package.
For some of your recordings, and depending on whether you are listening through headphones or speakers, you may prefer the ‘lively’ feel of solid-state or for others, the more ‘luxurious’ feel of Tube or Tube+.
The choice is yours at the flick of a switch in real time.
Signature by name…
The Pro iCAN Signature wouldn’t be ours without our signature sonic tweaks. Just like the original, it boasts XBass and 3D Holographic settings so that you can calibrate sound to suite your system and personal taste.
XBass is our analogue ‘bass boost’ that enhances the low frequencies without muddying the mid-range.
3D Holographic for Headphones undoes the negative sonic impact of listening to recordings that were originally created for loudspeakers.
3D Holographic for Loudspeaker Systems corrects the spatial distortion and restores the natural soundstage.
The Pro iCAN Signature boasts a plethora of fully balanced and single-ended connections.
Headphone connections include the new 4.4mm balanced Pentaconn output as well as a fully balanced XLR, a single-ended 6.3mm and our unique S-Balanced 3.5mm output.
Our S-Balanced output cuts distortion by 50% with single-ended headphones connections.
Power is everything.
The Pro iCAN Signature, ships with our flagship iPOWER Elite.
Coupled with the re-crafted power supply board which offers up to 100x lower noise, the music is buttery smooth.
Within and without – we left no stone unturned in our quest for the cleanest, purest, power for the Pro iCAN Signature (same for Pro iDSD Signature too!)
- Power like no other. Super-powerful 14,000mW headphone output power.
- Gain is adjustable from 0dB/9dB/18dB.
It can output more than 10V in Single-Ended mode and 20V in Balanced-mode. The 20V mode is equivalent 100W into a 40 Ohm speaker.
- The new Pro iCAN Signature is full-differential balanced. This is there are totally separate left & right channels with their own +/- all the way through.
This exquisitely engineered design costs more but the way it moves you and the music is worth it.
- The iFi exclusive S-Balanced technology made its debut in the original Pro iCAN. Since then, it has become a significant feature in across the iFi range and features in the Pro iCAN Signature as expected.
It delivers the maximum performance from both single-ended and balanced headphones. The S-Balanced (single-ended compatible balanced) 3.5mm headphone output delivers the benefits of the balanced connection to single-ended headphones.
- You can switch from solid-state to tubes in real time.
There are 2 tube settings; Tube and Tube+.
The Tube+ position reduces overall loop-gain and thus negative feedback to the minimum. This gives a different trade-off between the tube’s natural harmonics and the transient performance.
- An ‘Out of Head’ listening experience. Our 3D Holographic® dual-analogue matrices place the artist with you in the room, not inside your head.
- Sonically superior – richer, deeper.
The XBass® analogue bass correction system corrects for the missing headphone/speaker bass response.
|Gain (user-selectable)||0dB, 9dB and 18dB|
|Frequency Response||0.5Hz to 500kHz(-3dB)|
|THD & N||Balanced||Solid-State
|>14,000mW (@ 16)
>4,800mW (@ 16)
|>23V (@ 600)
>11.5v (@ 600)
|Input voltage (Pro iDSD Signature)||DC 9V/6.7A – 18V/3.35A|
|Input voltage (iPower Elite)||AC 85 – 265V, 50/60Hz|
|Power consumption||< 22W idle, 50W max|
|Dimensions||213 x 193 x 63 mm
6.2" x 3.9" x 1.4"
|Net weight||1.93 kg