MoonDrop at Audio46
MoonDrop JOKER Closed-Back Headphone
Product SKU: Joker
Out of Stock
Currently unavailable to ship. See our form to sign-up to be notified when it's back in stock!
30 day Returns
Sometimes it's not meant to be. Let us know within 30 days.
Authorized U.S. Dealer
Having issues after 30 days? Comes with MoonDrop's 1 year limited warranty
Earn 5% back in rewards! Learn More
This item is NOT eligible for promotional codes.
You may still earn and redeem Audio46 Rewards.
Closed-back Headphones for Professional Monitoring
The Joker was designed to meet the stringent monitoring requirements of professional recording studios. It delivers precise sound reproduction and avoids the inaccurate timbre and veiled details of traditional professional monitoring closed-back headphones. The Joker's replaceable cable/ear-pads make it easier to modify and maintain.
50mm High-performance Dynamic Driver
The first generation of 50mm dynamic drivers independently developed by MOONDROP is based on a magnetic circuit architecture optimized through FEA (Finite Element Analysis), and the large-size alloy-coated dome diaphragm provides a solid hardware foundation for high-quality audio monitoring.
Asymmetric Brass Acoustic Cavity Multiple Anti-Standing-Wave Design (Closed-back Headphone Breakthrough)
To overcome common acoustic problems caused by cavity standing waves in closed-back dynamic-driver headphones, MOONDROP took as a reference point the structure of the legendary MDR-R10 closed-back dynamic-driver headphone.
The Joker features a large-volume brass acoustic cavity with an asymmetric structure, using a die-stamping process to reduce the weight of the housing. Acoustic damping material suppresses inner-cavity standing waves, and a damping pressure vent and damping acoustic short-circuit structure combine to deliver accurate timbre and fast detail response.
The exterior of the brass acoustic cavity is coated with a special black paint finish that will develop a unique and beautiful patina from repeated use and polishing.
A special abrasive pad is provided for users wishing to create their own original finish.
• Please note that abrasive polishing will void the return/replacement warranty.
Interchangeable Cable Design Multiple Use Scenarios
The Joker uses standard dual 3.5mm headphone jacks to permit easy cable swapping for a variety of usage scenarios such as studio monitoring, professional mixing, and even audio-visual entertainment.
• Shipped with a 3.5mm plug headphone cable. Other cable options purchased separately.
Superb Electro-acoustic Performance
Recreating a Benchmark Closed-back Monitor Headphone
The Joker's wider frequency response provides a better match for HRTF (Head-Related Transfer Function) characteristics, transcending the dull sound quality of traditional closed-back monitoring headphones, and restoring timbre, accurate details, and a more balanced triple-frequency range.
• HRTF: Head-Related Transfer Function. Headphones are different from speakers. The sound emitted by speakers with a completely flat frequency response will exhibit a spike around the 3khz mark, caused by head characteristics such as the coupling between the outer ear and the ear canal. Headphones with a frequency response based on diffusion field HRTF will reproduce the original sounds more accurately.
* Data Provided By The MOONDROP R&D Center
* Measurement Equipment: B&K 4128C
* Measurement Environment: MOONDROP R&D Center Free-field Laboratory
Quick-release Ear-pads: Easy to Replace
The Joker's quick-release ear pads are made of protein leather, offering quick and easy replacement and maintenance.
In The Box
- Joker * 1
- Cable * 1
- 3.5mm to 6.35mm adapter * 1
- Manual * 1
- Certificate * 1
- After-sales Card * 1
- Product Name: Joker Closed-Back Professional Monitor Headphone
- Diaphragm: Partially Rigid Composite Diaphragm
- Frequency Response Range: 15Hz- 22kHz
- Effective Frequency Response Range: 20Hz-20kHz (IEC60318-4, -3dB)
- Sensitivity: 106dB/Vrms (@1kHz)
- Impedance: 68Ω±15% (@1kHz)
- Cable Jack: 3.5mm
- Plug: 3.5mm Stereo Jack Plug