Musical Fidelity at Audio46
Musical Fidelity MX-HPA Balanced Headphone Amp
Product SKU: MX HPA (B)
Out of Stock
Currently unavailable to ship. See our form to sign-up to be notified when it's back in stock!
30 day Returns
Sometimes it's not meant to be. Let us know within 30 days.
Authorized U.S. Dealer
Having issues after 30 days? Comes with Musical Fidelity's 2 year limited warranty
This item is not eligible for promotional codes. You may still earn and redeem Audio46 Rewards.
MX-HPA | HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER
The MX-HPA is a fully balanced ultra performance headphone amp.
MX-HPA - Overview
Years of experience in making high quality headphone amps have been distilled into the design of the MX-HPA. As a result, this fully-balanced headphone amp offers an awe-inspiring listening experience.
The MX-HPA’s technical performance is stunning. Typically, distortion from 20 Hz to 40 kHz is less than 0.005%. Signal-to-noise ratio is better than 120dB (‘A’ weighted). Frequency response is ruler flat from 10 Hz to 20 kHz (-0.1dB).
The MX-HPA is capable of a short-term peak of 10 watts (for one cycle) and has two gain positions: 18dB (8X) and 24dB (15X). Inputs are either balanced or single-ended. The MX-HPA will automatically convert single-ended inputs to balanced. The MX-HPA is genuinely fully balanced from beginning to end.
MX-HPA In Brief
- Fully balanced, studio design, purist headphone amplifier
- Incredible technical performance
- Will drive any headphone with ease
- Wide bandwidth: 10Hz-40kHz at +0, -3dB
- Very low noise
- Very low distortion: < 0.003%, 20Hz to 20kHz
- Outstanding channel separation
- Powerful, muscular, output into 32 ohms
- Beautiful aesthetics and build quality
MX-HPA - Specifications
- Power 1.8 Watts per channel into 8 Ohms (27dBW)
- Maximum output voltage 19 Volts RMS, 20Hz to 20 kHz
- Onset of clipping (54 Volts peak-to-peak) balanced
- THD+N >0.005% typical, 20Hz to 20 kHz
- Signal / noise ratio >120dB ‘A’-weighted
- Input impedance 50k Ohms
- Frequency response +0, –0.1dB, 10Hz to 20 kHz
- Gain, LO position (volume max) 18db (8x)
- Gain, HI position (volume max) 24dB (15x)
- Line level inputs
- 1 pair line level XLR (balanced) connectors
- 1 pairs line level RCA connectors
- Headphone outputs
- 1 pair 3-pin XLR/¼” stereo Jack combined sockets
- Mains voltages 90-250VAC 50-60Hz universal worldwide supply
- Consumption >0.25 Watts standby (Orange LED lit)
- 15 Watts maximum (Blue LED lit, full power output)
- Dimensions - WxHxD (mm): 220 (82/3”) x 53 (2”) x 240 mm (9½”)
- Weight (unpacked / packed): 2.2 kg (5 lbs) / 3.7 kg (8¼ lbs)