UA5 Portable USB DAC/AMP
Big Step Forward
Dual ESS ES9038Q2M DACS | Dual Ricore RT6863 Headphone Amplifiers | OLED Display | Independent Volume Controls | Hybrid Battery Power System | Digital SPDIF Output | Powerful output at 210 mW @ 32Ω | 3.5mm & 4.4mm Outputs | In-House Developed FPGA
- Two ES9038Q2M DACS
- Two RT6863 Amplifiers
- Monochrome OLED Display
- Hybrid Battery Power
- 211mW Powerful Output
- In-House Developed FPGA
- Extra Low Noise
- 3.5mm Single Ended
- 4.4mm Balanced
- Nintendo Switch Compatible
- Companion App
- Digital SPDIF Output
Next Step in UA Line
UA5 pushes our line of portable USB DAC/AMPs to a whole new level. Adding wheel for independent volume control, monochromatic OLED display for access to all extra settings, robust 4.4mm balanced connector for robust connection and even special hybrid battery power mode. Top quality Hi-Fi performance in palm of your hand.
Hybrid Battery Power System
UA5 adds a small 220mAh battery, dedicated to powering its analog audio circuit of DACs and amplifiers. Offering up to 6 hours of clean power and consistent sound quality, no matter what device is used to power the UA5.
USB Power Mode
Standard mode of USB DACs, whole UA5 is powered directly from the USB port of the connected
Hybrid Power Mode
DACs and amplifiers are powered by the battery, while other sections are using limited power from the USB connector.
*When battery is depleted, UA5 will automatically switch to the USB Power Mode and enable charging. When the battery is charged or UA5 reconnected to a device, it will switch back to the Hybrid Power Mode.
* UAS can be fully charged in just 30 minutes.
Pair of ESS ES9038Q2M Hi-Fi DACs
Adopted from our portable Hi-Res players, providing slightly warmer and natural sound, while still packing top-level resolution and detail, Fitting modern Audiophile systems with Hi-Res support up to 32bit / 768kHz and DSD512
Dedicated Headphone Amplifiers
Two Ricore RT6863 amplifiers serve as a natural pairing for the ESS DAC chips, completing UA5's fully balanced circuit and assuring proper driving power for your headphones.
Superb Signal Processing
With in-house developed FPGA system and highly precise crystal oscillator, UA5 can process all data with improved accuracy and enhanced performance of both PCM and DSD data.
3.5mm & 4.4mm Connectors
Digital SPDIF Output
Connect to the 3.5mm single-ended connector for normal headphones or upgrade to the balanced 4.4mm connectors for the full potential of the UA5.
UAS can be used as an USB to Coaxial SPDIF converter, serving as a high-quality connection between smartphones and High-End home DACs or receivers. Especially useful for older Hi-Fi devices lacking quality USB inputs.
3.5 MM 137mW@32Ω
4.4 MM 211mW@32Ω
* Coaxial SPDIF connection requires matching cable with TRRS 3.5mm Connector
Ultra-Low Noise Output
At Shanling, we believe that an extremely black background with zero unwanted noise is crucial for a proper high-fidelity sound. UA5 is designed strictly follow this approach.
Pick your cable
UAS comes with a premium-quality copper USB-C to USB-C cable. But thanks to the industry standard USB-C connector, it can be switched to a wide variety of cables, differing in construction or length, to match exactly with your Android phone, computer or even iOS device.
* iOS support demands special Lightning to USB DAC cable, available from range of sellers on the market.
* For use with Windows, please download Shanling USB Drivers. No Drivers needed for use with Mac.
Compatible with Gaming Systems
Hold down the volume wheel while connecting UA5 to a device, to switch UA5 to the UAC1.0 mode. This mode assures compatibility with a wider range of devices, especially gaming systems. Making games sound better than ever before.
PU Leather Case Sold Separately
Leather case available in three designs, keeping the UAS safe and scratch free.
- Dimensions: 68 * 27 *13.5 mm
- Weight: 29g
- Hi-Res support Up to 32bit / 768kHz & DSD512
- DAC: TWO ESS ES9038Q2M
- Digital Filters: User selectable from 7 options
- Battery: 220 mAh
- Battery Life: 6 hours 3.5mm output, 3 hours 4.4mm output
3.5mm Single-Ended Output
- Output Power: 2.1v@ 32Ω (137mw)
- Frequency response: 20Hz - 50 kHz (-0.5dB)
- THD+N: 0.0005%@32Ω (A-Weighted@ 1V)
- Dynamic range: 122dB@32Ω (A-Weighted)
- Channel separation: 77dB@32Ω
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 121dB@32Ω (A-Weighted)
- Output impedance: 0.8Ω
4.4mm Balanced Output
- Output Power: 2.6V@32Ω (211mw)
- Frequency response: 20Hz-50kHz (-0.5dB)
- THD+N: 0.0005%@ 32Ω (A-Weighted@1V)
- Dynamic range: 120dB@32Ω (A-Weighted)
- Channel separation: 110dB@32Ω
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 116dB@32Ω (A-Weighted)
- Output impedance: 1.6Ω
3.5mm SPDIFC Coaxial output
- Support up to 24bit / 192kHz
- 3.5mm TRRS standard