Violectric at Audio46
Violectric HPA V550 Amp/Preamp
Product SKU: V550
Out of Stock
Currently unavailable to ship. See our form to sign-up to be notified when it's back in stock!
Extended Holiday Returns
Sometimes it's not meant to be. Returns period extended to Jan 15, 2024.
Authorized U.S. Dealer
Having issues after 30 days? Comes with Violectric's 3 year limited warranty
This item is not eligible for promotional codes. You may still earn and redeem Audio46 Rewards.
The HPA V550 covers most features of the review winner DHA V590 - except the D/A converter.
- Balanced Headphone Amp
- Remote control (standard)
So, HPA V550 covers the analogue functionality, the perfect driving of any dynamic headphone and the outstanding pre-amp function. The latest findings from the multiple test winners from Violectric and Niimbus were implemented in the headphone amplifier. All functions can be conveniently controlled using a stylish remote. With its incomparable technology, HPA V550 not only offers one of the most powerful headphone amplifiers in the market, but also:
Lowest Noise - through a very small amount of internal gain. This makes the amplifier's self-generated noise inaudible.
High Output Voltage - through 50 V internal operating voltage. Therefore ideally suited for high-impedance headphones deserving high output voltage swing.
High Output Power - thanks to powerful amplifiers that offer far more power even the most demanding headphones would need. So best suited for headphones with low impedances as well as magnetostatic headphones
High Damping Factor - due to lowest output impedance. Therefore the ideal match for difficult to drive headphones without negative side effects and with the guarantee for a uncompromising frequency response.
Remote - Control the HPA V550 with its stylish remote control, milled from a solid piece of aluminum. Via infrared rays you have access to motorized volume control, mute, input selection, resampling settings, Headphone and line-out control.
- 3 analogue inputs: 2 x RCA, 1 x XLR
POWER and NOISE
- 8 dB less noise than the V281
- 2 x 25 Watt PSU, switchable between 115 and 230V
- Gain factor 0 dB unbalanced, 6 dB balanced
- Extended pre-gain settings via DIP switches: -18, -12, -6, 0, +6, +12, +18 dB, same for the line out
- Pre and post fader now work via the push of a button on the back and not via software control
- Max output voltage (balanced output, both channels driven): 32 Volt = 1.8 Watts @ 600 Ohm
- Maximum power (balanced output, both channels driven): 6.4 Watt @ 50 Ohm
- Noise -100 dB / THD+N – 102 dB
- Output impedance < 0,2 Ohm
- Damping factor > 250
- (WxHxD) 290mm x 80mm (90 with feet) x 250 mm
- Front, Back: 8 mm / 3 mm Aluminum, black anodized
- Case: 3 mm / 4 mm Aluminum, black anodized