Audio-Technica at Audio46
Unlike many companies that produce truly wireless headphones, Audio-Technica places an emphasis on sound quality, not just convenience. The ATH-CKS50TW earphones are no exception. Featuring specially designed 9 mm drivers, these earbuds deliver clear, full-range audio with deep, powerful bass – low frequency is enhanced by acoustic ducts on the back of the drivers.
But while exceptional sound quality may be at their core, we certainly don’t skimp on the convenience, either. For starters, the ATH-CKS50TW earbuds provide best-in-class battery life, with up to 20 hours of continuous use on a full charge. There’s also a fast-charge option that gives you roughly 90 minutes of use from a quick, 10-minute charge. The multifunction buttons on each earbud let you easily control music playback, volume and calls, plus select noise-cancelling and hear-through functions to block out and hear ambient noise, respectively.
Make your voice heard with Qualcomm® cVc™ Generation 8.0
Enjoy improved microphone performance in calls, whether in the office, working from home or in an online class. The sidetone function of the CKS50TW also allows you to hear your own voice during calls for more natural-sounding conversations, feeling almost as if you weren’t wearing headphones at all.
Built-in button design for on-the-go operation
Audio-Technica’s ATH-CKS50TW wireless earbuds are designed for reliable, stress-free operation for a more enjoyable truly wireless listening experience. The left button adjusts the volume and switches between hear-through and noise-cancelling functions, while the right button lets you easily start/stop playback, skip between songs, or enable quick hear-through.
Rain and splash-proof design
The CKS50TW wireless earbuds boast an IPX4*-equivalent JIS protection rating. The splash-proof design means you never have to worry about keeping your truly wireless earbuds dry in sudden rain showers or when exercising.
*An IPX4-equivalent rating signifies the product will not be adversely affected by water splashing from any direction. This rating does not ensure protection in hot and humid locations such as baths and showers. The product is not completely waterproof.
Personalize the operation of your Audio-Technica earbuds via Audio-Technica’s Connect app, available from both Apple and Google Play. Take full control of your sound, switching between codecs, experimenting with equalizer pre-sets or adjusting your volume levels. You can even use the app to help locate your earbuds, so you’ll always have a stunning soundscape to accompany your day to day.
Packed full of useful functions, the CKS50TW earbuds are compact, with a unique antenna structure designed to ensure stable connectivity while fitting in limited space. This helps prevent sound from being interrupted even in train stations or other crowded locations.
The ATH-CKS50TW earbuds also feature Qualcomm® TrueWireless Mirroring.
Independent transmission to the left and right sides reduces sound interruptions and delays for videos on all devices, including Android and iOS smartphones.
Automatic power-on and fast pair convenience
Once paired with your device, Audio-Technica’s CKS50TW wireless headphones automatically turn on and connect to your Android or Google device** when they are removed from the case for quick usability. When the truly wireless earbuds are put back in the case, they power down and begin charging. The power can also be turned on/off directly from the headphones.
** Only one Android device can be paired by using Fast Pair. Google and Android are trademarks of Google LLC.
Check up on your charge with LED indicators
The CKS50TW’s four LED indicators light up or flash whenever the charging case is opened or closed, so the user can see the charging status or remaining charging case battery power at a glance.
Sony’s 360 Reality Audio certified
The combination of 360 Reality Audio and Audio-Technica’s long-cultivated acoustic technology allows listeners to fully experience the world of sound envisioned by the creators.
A Revolutionary Music Experience
The newly developed large-diameter drivers (9mm Solid Bass HD TWS drivers) deliver deep, powerful bass.
- Bluetooth 5.2 Wireless Technology
- 20 hr Battery Life + 30 hrs of Case Charging
- Noise-Cancelling Mode
- Quick Charge
Best-in-class Battery Life
50 hours of playback (20 hours in the earbuds + an additional 30 hours with the charging case) plus, gain 90 minutes of power from just 10 minutes of charge time.
Simply press the built-in button on the left earbud or activate noise-cancelling via the Audio-Technica Connect App.
Innovative, Comfortable, Earbud Design
The newly developed earbud design ensures a secure and stable fit that prevents the earbuds from falling out of the ears, even during intensive workouts.
Audio-sync for videos and games
Enjoy a more immersive experience with minimal sound delay while playing games or watching videos on your smartphone or tablet with Low Latency Mode*.
*Low Latency Mode can also be turned on/off from the Connect app. Bluetooth® connections may be affected by obstacles and ambient radio wave conditions.
- Multipoint Pairing
- Built-in Mic and Controls
- Low Latency Mode
- Hear-through Function
Connect Simultaneously to Multiple Devices
You can connect to both your smartphone and computer/tablet at the same time, so you’ll never need to worry about switching devices again.
- Newly developed 9 mm drivers deliver clear, full-range audio with the punch of enhanced bass
- Best-in-class battery life with up to 20 hours of continuous playback on a full charge (and up to 90 minutes of use from a 10-minute quick charge)
- Multipoint pairing function allows you to stay connected to two Bluetooth devices at once
- Buttons in the earbuds provide easy control of music playback, volume, calls, and hear-through and noise-cancelling functions
- Low latency mode improves synchronicity between audio and video for smooth streaming and gaming
- Hybrid eartip structure combines hard and soft silicone material to provide a secure, comfortable fit with superior sound performance
- Selectable hear-through function lets in ambient sounds so you can remain aware of your surroundings
- A-T Connect app gives you additional control: activate low latency mode, adjust and save EQ to the headphones, change L/R volume balance, locate misplaced headphones, change codecs, and more
- Flexible dual- or single-ear usability
- Automatic power-on when removed from the case
- Google Fast Pair lets you quickly pair headphones with an Android smartphone or other device
- Qualcomm® cVc™ Generation 8.0 ensures excellent call quality
- Sidetone circuitry improves conversations by letting you hear your voice in the headphones when making calls on most smartphones
- Compatible with high-quality Qualcomm® aptX™ Adaptive audio, Qualcomm® aptX™ audio, and AAC codecs
- Compatible with Sony’s 360 Reality Audio for a truly immersive sound experience
- Rain and water splashproof design (IPX4*-equivalent)
* IPX4 equivalent means that there is no harmful effect even if water is splashed from all directions. It cannot be used in hot and humid places such as baths. It is not completely waterproof.
|Driver Diameter||9 mm|
|Frequency Response||5 to 20,000 Hz|
|Weight||Headphones: Approx. 8 g (0.28 oz) (L side), approx. 8 g (0.28 oz) (R side); Charging case: Approx. 60 g (2.1 oz)|
|Charging Time||Headphones: Approx. 3 hours Charging case: Approx. 3 hours The figures above depend on operating conditions.|
|Operating Temperature||5 °C to 40 °C (41 °F to 104 °F)|
|Operating Time||Continuous transmission time (music playback): Max. approx. 20 hours (headphones), Max. approx. 50 hours (if charging case is used in combination) The figures above depend on operating conditions. As of September 2021 according to in-house figures, with noise-cancelling disabled. Playback for around 15 hours is possible with noise-cancelling enabled. Results may vary depending on usage conditions.|
|Microphone Type||MEMS type|
|Microphone Sensitivity||-38 dB (1 V/Pa, at 1 kHz)|
|Microphone Frequency Response||100 to 8,000 Hz|
|Microphone Polar Pattern||Omnidirectional|
|Power Supply||Headphones: DC 3.7 V lithium ion battery Charging case: DC 3.7 V lithium ion battery|
|Water-Resistant (drip-proof) Performance||IPX4 Headphones only|
|Accessories Included||USB charging cable (30 cm (12"), USB Type-A / USB Type-C), Eartips (XS, S, M, L)|
|Notes||For product improvement, the product is subject to modification without notice.|
|Bluetooth® Version||Bluetooth version 5.2|
|Operating Range||Line of sight - approx. 10 m (33')|
|Maximum RF Output||10 mW EIRP|
|Frequency Band||2.402 GHz to 2.480 GHz|
|Modulation Method||GFSK, Pi/4DQPSK, 8DPSK|
|Spread Spectrum Method||FHSS|
|Compatible Bluetooth Profiles||A2DP, AVRCP, HFP|
|Support Codec||Qualcomm® aptX™ Adaptive audio, Qualcomm® aptX™ audio, AAC, SBC|
|Supported Content Protection Method||SCMS-T|
|Supported Sample Rates||44.1 kHz, 48 kHz|
|Supported Bit Rates||16 bit, 24 bit When using Qualcomm® aptX™ Adaptive audio.|
|Transmission Band||20 to 20,000 Hz|