Authorized Dealer. 2 Year Warranty. Free Expedited shipping.
The Audio-technica ATH-SR9 over-ear headphones feature refined 45 mm True Motion Drivers with bobbin-wound OFC-7N voice coils and a DLC (diamond-like carbon) coating on the diaphragm to give you spectacular Hi-Res Audio wherever you go. The headphones also employ Midpoint Mount Technology, which ensures uniform space in front of and behind the diaphragm, and an acoustic resistor in each driver that helps control airflow around the diaphragm for smooth, natural audio reproduction across the entire frequency range. The highly rigid construction of the aluminum housings, anchored by several tapped screws, greatly reduces unwanted resonance. And the soft, durable foam earpads and headband ensure a comfortable fit.
The Audio-technica ATH-SR9 headphones come with two detachable 1.2 m (3.9') cables: one standard and one with an in-line controller and microphone to let you easily answer calls and control music and video playback. Both cables are equipped with A2DC (Audio Designed Detachable Coaxial) connectors at the headphones for exceptional durability and optimized audio performance. The headphones fold flat for easy transport in the included hard carrying case.About High-Resolution Audio
- While many listeners may believe that high-resolution audio came along with the introduction of the Compact Disc in 1982, constraints on the disc’s storage space always prevented CD audio (standardized at 44.1 kHz/16-bit) from fully and completely reproducing the original recorded sound. The advent and subsequent popularity of MP3s only made this problem more pronounced – the necessary compression of these files causes audio information to be lost, thus greatly reducing the audio quality. But with lossless audio file formats, faster Internet speeds, and storage space increasingly easy to come by (and in ever-smaller packages), the push is on to create audio equipment capable of capturing and reproducing true Hi-Res Audio, generally considered to be 96 kHz/24-bit or better. The Hi-Res Audio logo certifies that a product meets the Hi-Res Audio standards. Per these standards, headphones must have transducer frequency performance to at least 40 kHz. As a producer of these types of audiophile headphones since 1972, Audio-Technica is well-positioned to provide audio solutions that meet the demands of Hi-Res Audio media formats, allowing for the full reproduction of their extended sonic characteristics.
- Exclusive 45 mm True Motion Drivers, each featuring a bobbin-wound OFC-7N voice coil and diaphragm with DLC (diamond-like carbon) coating, provide extremely accurate audio reproduction with extended high frequencies
- Midpoint Mount Technology provides a uniform space in front of and behind the diaphragm to ensure the full performance of the driver inside the limited space of the housing
- Acoustic resistor controls airflow inside the diaphragm housing to yield a natural sound
- High-rigidity aluminum housings reduce unwanted resonance
- Includes two 1.2 m (3.9') detachable cables (one standard, one with mic & controls) with A2DC (Audio Designed Detachable Coaxial) connectors
- Ultra-comfortable, soft foam earpads and headband
- Fold-flat, swivel design and hard carrying case for easy portability
Audio-technica ATH-SR9 Technical Specifications:
|Frequency Response||5 – 45,000 Hz|
|Driver Diameter||45 mm|
|Maximum Input Power||1,500 mW|
|Weight||270 g (9.5 oz.), without cable|
|Cable||Detachable 1.2 m (3.9') standard cable with A2DC connectors, detachable 1.2 m (3.9') cable with A2DC connectors and in-line control and microphone|
|Connector||3.5 mm gold-plated stereo mini-plug, L-shaped|
|Accessories Included||Hard carrying case|
|Sensitivity (Microphone)||-40 dB (1V/Pa at 1 kHz)|
|Frequency Response (Microphone)||50 – 4,000 Hz|
|Polar Pattern (Microphone)||Omnidirectional|
Audio-Technica - ATH-SR9 Over-Ear High-Resolution Headphones
I'm so happy to have found Audio46 as my go to headphone resource. I recently was able to enjoy the benefits of a balanced connection on my Etymotic in-ear headphones, and I wanted to bring that same increase in performance to an over-the-ear set. The ATH-SR9 looked to be a perfect fit for me at about $330 on sale, and I purchased the companion balanced cable ( HDC112A/1.2 ) to connect to my AK HD player. I am so happy with this purchase. These are a great set of neutral headphones, light yet they perform extremely well, and with the balanced cable I can get the best out of my HD music library.
I ordered these as an upgrade after wearing the M50x headphones for two months. With the M50's it sounded like things were often clipping when they weren't even close... I disliked the treble... and it seemed like the headphones were adding too much color to be good for mastering. I've hear these are designed for monitoring in the field or on stage, and I agree the m50's are fantastic for that. The audio technica SR7 had fantastic reviews, but then I saw these... which are supposed to improve on them (better bass, build quality, etc.). I've never tried the SR7's, but these SR9's seem perfect to my ears for content creation and extremely accurate sound in general. The SR9's sound great across the eq range. The bass has guts like it's M50x brother, but the bass is much tighter and controlled. The mid's are strong... and the treble has that audio technica sparkle. Overall these have a bright character with strong bass. I like the stock pads on these, but it looks like they could easily be swapped out for brainwavz, of whatever you prefer. I work as a full-time video editor who has to master his own audio... and these are my new daily driver headphones.