DD ddHiFi at Audio46
DD ddHiFi BC130A (Air Nyx) 4-Strand Silver Upgrade Earphone Cable (Open Box)
Product SKU: 55cm L-Shape 2-pin 0.78 (OB)
Out of Stock
Currently unavailable to ship. See our form to sign-up to be notified when it's back in stock!
30 day Returns
Sometimes it's not meant to be. Let us know within 30 days.
Authorized U.S. Dealer
Having issues after 30 days? Comes with DD ddHiFi's 6 month limited warranty
This item is NOT eligible for promotional codes.
You may still redeem Audio46 Rewards.
1) MMCX version has been added, as well as a Straight plug variation. The options are now:
Length: 120cm standard or 55cm short version | Plug: 4.4mm balanced straight or L-shape plug | Connector: MMCX or 2pin 0.78
2) The 4.4mm L-shaped plug new batches add anti-slip grooves on the 4.4mm L-shaped plug, and the others remain unchanged. Pls kindly note that the old and new batches will be switched naturally, thanks.
Earphone upgrade cable (4.4 BAL.)
Why is there Nyx in the Air series earphone cable?
It was previously introduced that ddHiFi's Air series of earphone cable includes Sky, Forest, Clouds, Ocean and Sunset. however, there was no mention of Nyx prior. Nevertheless, Nyx sets a new benchmark for the highly successful Air series of earphone cables, and it is undisputed that Nyx outperforms the entire range of the Air series, even the Sky Pro.
What are the benefits of the L-shaped 4.4 mm balanced plug?
Most of the 4.4 mm headphone cables are terminated with straight plugs, but not everyone prefers them that way.
The production process of the straight plug is relatively simple, and the assembly can be completed by securing the plug through the screw port shell.
However, if it's designed as an L-shaped plug, the cable has to be finished by hand since machines can't be used to braid the wires. Furthermore, the assembly is also more complicated due to the increase in the number of parts in the plug.
In addition, protection can only be done to the plug after the soldering to ensure the uniform force of the four-strand wires before inserting the four wires into the metal shell through four separate processes. Finally, the braiding of the wires can begin after the 4.4 mm plug is finalized and set
Does the shielding layer improve signal transmission?
The answer is definitely yes.
Interference from the surrounding environment easily affects the performance of the earphone cable.
There are many ways to reduce interference; these include increasing the material's purity, wrapping with a braided layer, weaving in a unique structure, etc. In addition, when using the shielding layer, it can be well connected with the shielding on the output device to maximize the anti-interference effect.
The shielding layer of the Nyx earphone cable is wholly connected to the 4.4 mm plug and 0.78 contact pin shell. Therefore, when inserting into the 4.4mm port of the output device, the shielding layer and the device's shell can be fully grounded, significantly reducing signal interference.
Are you worried about dark or cold sound style?
The 4.4 mm balanced output signal emphasizes high quality itself, and when used with a high-resolution silver earphone cable, this can easily weaken the presence of low frequency.
At the same time, the use of the shielding layer can effectively reduce this sense of weakness. It's no longer dark or cold, and one may probably feel the softness and flexibility instead.
- Conductor: 27.2AWG (core) + 24.9AWG (spiral shielding)
- Conductor material:
- Litz Type II high-purity pure silver (core)
- Litz high-purity oxygen-free copper (black)
- Litz silver plated over long crystal copper (silver)
- Cable structure:
- Φ0.05mmx7x7 strands x 4 strands (core)
- Φ0.05mmx7x14 strands x 4 strands (shielding)
- Inner insulation: Japan NUC chemical foam HDPE (made in Japan)
- Outer insulation: High transparency SoftFlex PVC (Made in USA)
- Weight / Length: 37g/120cm; 23g/55cm
- Plug: Straight or L-shaped 4.4 mm balanced, 24K gold-plated copper material
- Connector: 2-pin 0.78mm or MMCX