Ferrum at Audio46
Ferrum Hypsos Hybrid Power System with NO CABLE INCLUDED
Product SKU: HYPSOS NO CABLE
Ready TODAY Tomorrow
Order in the next for shipping today Order now for shipping tomorrow
30 day Returns
Sometimes it's not meant to be. Let us know within 30 days.
Authorized U.S. Dealer
Having issues after 30 days? Comes with Ferrum's 3 year limited warranty
Earn 5% back in rewards! Learn More
This item is NOT eligible for promotional codes.
You may still earn and redeem Audio46 Rewards.
DC POWER CABLE MUST BE BOUGHT SEPARATELY
This version comes with NO cable. If you need a general DC Jack Power Cable or a Ferrum Power Link cable, you can buy it separately and bundle it with this Hypsos or with a Hypsos that includes an FPL cable.
HYPSOS linear/switching hybrid power system
- 110 ~ 240V AC in
- 5 ~ 30V DC out
HYPSOS defines a brand new category of a hifi products. It’s not a simple power supply but an audio component of its own – an equally (or even more) important part of a setup as any other. HYPSOS offers a selection of unique features and even accounts for future software improvements – the device is software controlled with as few hardware dependent elements as possible.
Hybrid Power System
Linear/switching hybrid design to get the advantages from both techniques - low ripple and noise as well as fast transient response and high efficiency.
Distinct user levels
Using pre-configured settings from the list of supported devices or setting custom parameters manually. Wide continuous output voltage range of 5-30V with up to 6A of current delivered to the load. HYPSOS is as universal a device as it gets.
Sweet Spot Tuning (SST)
Possibility to fine tune the output voltage for the best sound. The voltage level can be safely adjusted on the fly to allow easy comparison testing.
4T Sensing Design (4TSD)
Ensuring the exact voltage level precisely at the point of the powered device DC input terminal - special cable design and feedback to ensure flat voltage at every moment. This technique eliminates the harmful effects of the cable's resistance effectively improving transient response.
Compatibility with Apple TV remote, Trigger in/out connector; possibility to automate power-up of the devices with standby mode even without dedicated trigger connection.
Extremely safe to use
Automatic Transformer Voltage Adjust (ATVA), Electronic Output Voltage Polarity Switch and overvoltage, current limit and short protection. Settings lock to prevent accidental change of the parameters.
Detailed and revealing yet unfatiguing sound
Makes your current audio setup perform to its potential. Tweak the sound modifying the voltage level on the fly and use the preferred combination of the 4-Terminal Sensing and Spread Spectrum Mode settings.
- Sweet Spot Tuning or as we call it SST is a super unique possibility to experiment with a different voltage level supplied to your device. You can adjust the level (in the safe range described by the device's manufacturer) of output voltage on the fly and be sure not to damage your unit.
- Extensive and easy to update list of compatible devices is flashed right into the device to make the Hypsos set-up experience straight-forward and safe.
- Electronically controlled output voltage and DC plug polarisation allows you to power a lot of equipment without the need of purchasing different product or cable versions. Before the output power is applied you are always asked for the confirmation of the parameters set - whether for the device chosen from the list or entered manually.
- Unique output cable design: two wires delivering the power and two wires providing the feedback to ensure flat voltage at every moment. This technique eliminates the harmful effects of the cable's resistance effectively improving transient response. The current delivery speed at the powered device's input is significantly improved.
Power input: 110-120 & 220-240V AC/50-60Hz (EU/US Version)
90 – 110Vac/50-60Hz (JP Version)IEC C14 power inlet, a fuse holder with power on/off switch plus two-stage EMI filter for low impedance load with better noise attenuation in low frequency applications
- Mains cable: US/EU/UK
- DC OUT cable (SOLD SEPARATELY): 2.5mm DC plug, 2.1mm DC plug, or Ferrum Power Link (FPL)
- Output Voltage Range: 5-30 [V]
- Max Continuous Output Current (for V_out below 13,3V): 6 [A]
- Max Continuous Output Current (for V_out higher than 13,3V): l_out= 80[W] / DCout[V]
- Maximum Impulse Current: 9A
- Maximum Impulse Power: DC V_out*9A (270W for 30V)
- Max Continuous Output Power (for V_out below 13,3V): P_out = V_out[V] * 6[A]
- Max Continuous Output Power (for V_out higher than 13,3V): 80W
- Dimensions (without knob, feet and connectors) (W x D x H , mm / inches): 217.5 x 206.5 x 50.0 / 8.6 x 8.1 x 2.0
- Net weight (kg / lb): ~ 2,89 / ~ 6.2
Primary winding fuse: IEC 5x20mm, 250V 3.15A,
slown-blown for Japan version / 250V 2A, slown-blown for Europe,
- Secondary winding fuse: Littefuse 154004T, 4A
- Power consumption: 230VAC, 50Hz @ 12VDC out/: Idle – 6VA @ 15W load – 30,7VA @ 60W load – 98VA @ 80W load – 133,9VA