Ferrum at Audio46
OOR, the only headphone amplifier with a soul
OOR fully Balanced analogue headphone amplifier
- Proprietary discrete power amp technology
- Proprietary 4-pin Ferrum connector for HYPSOS
- Balanced 4-pin XLR and unbalanced RCA headphone outputs
OOR will redefine the category of headphone amplifiers. OOR will drive any headphones effortlessly to the max of their potential, while preserving the essence of the music it amplifies. Ultra low distortion, zero fatigue, huge dynamics and unrivaled detail result in ultimate enjoyment. OOR actually makes something that is very difficult to accomplish, seem like the most natural thing on earth.
The signal path stays truly balanced using the XLR inputs and becomes truly balanced using the RCA inputs.
Ease of use
only three knobs on the front panel to control the most important settings.
Ferrum Power Link
OOR performs very, very good right out of the box. But OOR is made to excel above and beyond when used together with HYPSOS. We use what we dubbed our Ferrum Power Link (FPL in short) to connect the two. HYPSOS then will perform to its maximum, unleashing unheard musicality from the combination with OOR.
perfected steering of output transistors protect them and never let them turn off, therefore reducing distortion to inaudible levels and keeping them in a state where they can instantly unleash all their power, crucial for high dynamics, superlative control and authority in sound.
The whole design is focused on a balanced and very transparent sound signature, making listening fatigue something of the past.
The discrete power amp technology is developed in-house to achieve the best possible analog quality.
- Look and behold the understated looks of OOR’s front, only to camouflage it's intricate design laid bare on the rear. 100% analogue, 100% natural, 100% musical.
- Fully balanced from A to Z, even right after the RCA inputs, to get the max out of any headphones. Brightness of the logo on OOR’s front can be dimmed for ease on the eyes. Ferrum Power Link for ultimate connection with HYPSOS.
- Combine OOR with HYPSOS to unleashing unheard musicality. Together they will excel above and beyond.
- Unique output cable design: two wires delivering the power and two wires providing the feedback to ensure flat voltage at every moment. We named this technique Ferrum Power Link (FPL) and it eliminates the harmful effects of the cable's resistance effectively improving transient response. The current delivery speed at the powered device's input is significantly improved.
- Gain (dB): balanced -4 dB, + 6dB, +16 dB / single ended -10 dB, 0 dB, 10 dB
- Operation: Fully balanced, proprietary discrete power amp technology
- Inputs: XLR, RCA, 2.5 mm DC connector centre positive, proprietary 4-pin DC connector
- Outputs: Balanced 4-pin XLR, 6.35 mm jack
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz – 100 kHz 0.1 dB
- Output Power Single Ended: 400 mW into 300 Ω, 2 W into 60 Ω
- Output Power Balanced: 1.600 mW into 300 Ω, 8 W into 60 Ω
- THD + Noise: TBA
- Input Impedance: 94 kΩ
- Output Impedance Single Ended: 22 Ω on pre-amp
- Output Impedance Balanced: 44 Ω on pre-amp
- Output headphones Impedance: < 0.3 Ω
- Power Consumption: Idle <15 W
- Power Adapter: 100/240 V AC to 22-30 V DC
- Dimension (W x D x H) (In/cm): 8.6 x 8.1 x 2.0 inch / 21.7 x 20.6 x 5 cm
- Weight (kg/lbs): 1.8 kg / 3.97 LBS
HYPSOS linear/switching hybrid power system
- 110 ~ 240V AC in
- 5 ~ 30V DC out
HYPSOS defines a brand new category of a hifi products. It’s not a simple power supply but an audio component of its own – an equally (or even more) important part of a setup as any other. HYPSOS offers a selection of unique features and even accounts for future software improvements – the device is software controlled with as few hardware dependent elements as possible.
Hybrid Power System
Linear/switching hybrid design to get the advantages from both techniques - low ripple and noise as well as fast transient response and high efficiency.
Distinct user levels
Using pre-configured settings from the list of supported devices or setting custom parameters manually. Wide continuous output voltage range of 5-30V with up to 6A of current delivered to the load. HYPSOS is as universal a device as it gets.
Sweet Spot Tuning (SST)
Possibility to fine tune the output voltage for the best sound. The voltage level can be safely adjusted on the fly to allow easy comparison testing.
4T Sensing Design (4TSD)
Ensuring the exact voltage level precisely at the point of the powered device DC input terminal - special cable design and feedback to ensure flat voltage at every moment. This technique eliminates the harmful effects of the cable's resistance effectively improving transient response.
Compatibility with Apple TV remote, Trigger in/out connector; possibility to automate power-up of the devices with standby mode even without dedicated trigger connection.
Extremely safe to use
Automatic Transformer Voltage Adjust (ATVA), Electronic Output Voltage Polarity Switch and overvoltage, current limit and short protection. Settings lock to prevent accidental change of the parameters.
Detailed and revealing yet unfatiguing sound
Makes your current audio setup perform to its potential. Tweak the sound modifying the voltage level on the fly and use the preferred combination of the 4-Terminal Sensing and Spread Spectrum Mode settings.
- Sweet Spot Tuning or as we call it SST is a super unique possibility to experiment with a different voltage level supplied to your device. You can adjust the level (in the safe range described by the device's manufacturer) of output voltage on the fly and be sure not to damage your unit.
- Extensive and easy to update list of compatible devices is flashed right into the device to make the Hypsos set-up experience straight-forward and safe.
- Electronically controlled output voltage and DC plug polarisation allows you to power a lot of equipment without the need of purchasing different product or cable versions. Before the output power is applied you are always asked for the confirmation of the parameters set - whether for the device chosen from the list or entered manually.
- Unique output cable design: two wires delivering the power and two wires providing the feedback to ensure flat voltage at every moment. This technique eliminates the harmful effects of the cable's resistance effectively improving transient response. The current delivery speed at the powered device's input is significantly improved.
- HYPSOS comes with the proprietary Ferrum Power Link (FPL) DC power cable that allows the OOR to be powered by the HYPSOS for maximum performance
Power input: 110-120 & 220-240V AC/50-60Hz (EU/US Version)
90 – 110Vac/50-60Hz (JP Version)IEC C14 power inlet, a fuse holder with power on/off switch plus two-stage EMI filter for low impedance load with better noise attenuation in low frequency applications
- Mains cable: US/EU/UK
- DC OUT cable: 2.5mm DC plug, 2.1mm DC plug, or Ferrum Power Link (FPL)
- Output Voltage Range: 5-30 [V]
- Max Continuous Output Current (for V_out below 13,3V): 6 [A]
- Max Continuous Output Current (for V_out higher than 13,3V): l_out= 80[W] / DCout[V]
- Maximum Impulse Current: 9A
- Maximum Impulse Power: DC V_out*9A (270W for 30V)
- Max Continuous Output Power (for V_out below 13,3V): P_out = V_out[V] * 6[A]
- Max Continuous Output Power (for V_out higher than 13,3V): 80W
- Dimensions (without knob, feet and connectors) (W x D x H , mm / inches): 217.5 x 206.5 x 50.0 / 8.6 x 8.1 x 2.0
- Net weight (kg / lb): ~ 2,89 / ~ 6.2
Primary winding fuse: IEC 5x20mm, 250V 3.15A,
slown-blown for Japan version / 250V 2A, slown-blown for Europe,
- Secondary winding fuse: Littefuse 154004T, 4A
- Power consumption: 230VAC, 50Hz @ 12VDC out/: Idle – 6VA @ 15W load – 30,7VA @ 60W load – 98VA @ 80W load – 133,9VA