Ferrum at Audio46
Ferrum WANDLA Fully Balanced Headphone DAC/Preamp
Product SKU: WANDLA
Ready TODAY Tomorrow
Order in the next for shipping today
Order now for shipping tomorrow
Shipping available to: USA and internationally
FREE U.S. 2-3 day Shipping
Estimated U.S. delivery between Thursday, Sep 28 and Friday, Sep 29 Friday, Sep 29 and Monday, Oct 2
30 day Returns
Sometimes it's not meant to be. Let us know within 30 days.
Authorized U.S. Dealer
Having issues after 30 days? Comes with Ferrum's 3 year limited warranty
This item is not eligible for promotional codes. You may still earn and redeem Audio46 Rewards.
WANDLA by Ferrum prepare to be converted by the real thing!
With WANDLA, we are making a statement to the current and next generation of music lovers. WANDLA represents tomorrow’s standard of high end digital-to-analog conversion. Think of WANDLA like a Formula 1 racing car. Like the F1 constructor’s team building the best racing car, Ferrum created the best engine for The Converter.
- WANDLA fully balanced DAC/PREAMP
- Proprietary IC power amp design
- Proprietary optimised-for-audio digital inputs (USB-C, Optical and Coaxial S/PDIF, ARC, I2S, AES/EBU)
- Proprietary optimised MQA® rendering and decoding for ARM chip
- Proprietary HQ Player filters (eight in total, three accessible at launch)
- Proprietary 4-pin Ferrum connector for HYPSOS
- Balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA line outputs
- Digital and Analogue volume control
- EES Sabre ES9038PRO with seven filter settings
Tomorrow’s High End Audio Today
As The Converter WANDLA leads the way for tomorrow’s high end at tentative price levels. WANDLA offers flagship audio quality at an unprecedented price.
Finely tuned DA conversion
WANDLA is the embodiment of Ferrum’s digital know-how and their in house developed analogue audio and electrical technology. The ESS Sabre ES9038PRO current to voltage (I/V) converter is fine-tuned to perform to its maximum.
Optimized ARM chip offers shortest signal path possible making 5 chips redundant. Includes MQA® decoder and renderer.
Dynamic Digital Filtering
WANDLA has seven ESS digital filters to choose from as standard and, as a world first, lets its audience vote the best from a total of eight WANDLA filters, created for Ferrum by renowned filter-maker HQ Player
Optimized Digital inputs
Specially programmed USB, and tuned coaxial and optical S/PDIF, ARC (TV) and I2S ports, optimized for audio
The signal path stays truly balanced using the XLR inputs and becomes truly balanced using the RCA inputs.
The whole design is focused on a balanced and very transparent sound signature, making listening fatigue something of the past.
Made for HYPSOS
While WANDLA performs very good right out of the box it is made to excel above and beyond when used together with HYPSOS. Using the proprietary Ferrum Power Link (FPL) connection both components will perform to their maximum, unleashing unheard of musicality.
Unique output cable design: two wires delivering the power and two wires providing the feedback to ensure flat voltage at every moment. We named this technique Ferrum Power Link (FPL) and it eliminates the harmful effects of the cable's resistance effectively improving transient response. The current delivery speed at the powered device's input is significantly improved.
WANDLA comes with a carefully selected DC power adapter. To get the most out of WANDLA you can connect it with HYPSOS using our proprietary Ferrum Power Link DC power cable. This FPL cable can be ordered separately.
- Operation: Fully balanced, proprietary IC power amp
- DAC chip: ESS Sabre ES9038PRO
- DAC resolution: 768k/32bit, DSD 256
- Digital inputs:
- AES/EBU (up to 196kHz/24bit, DoP 64)
- Optical S/PDIF (up t/24bit)
- Coaxial S/PDIF (up to 192kHz/24bit, DoP 64)
- USB-C (up to 768kHz/32bit, DSD 256)
- ARC (up to 192kHz/24bit), TV input with CEC
- I2S (up to 768kHz/32bit, DSD 256), PS Audio® compatible
- MQA®: decoder and renderer (on all digital inputs)
- Analog inputs: RCA
- Analog input Vmax: 9,5V RMS (2 – 3,5V RMS recommended)
- Analogue input imp: 47kΩ
- Line outputs: balanced XLR; unbalanced RCA
- Volume control: analogue with bypass option / digital for DAC operation only
- Output level: @0dBFS, 1kHz sine 9,3V RMS balanced, 4,65V RMS unbalanced
- Frequency response: 10Hz – 200kHz +/- 0,1dB analog inputs
- DAC THD: -121dB (0,00009%); THD+N: -115dB (unweighted)
- Analog input THD: -123dB @ 2V RMS output level
- Dyn. range analog: 127dB (A-weighted)
- Dyn. range digital: 127dB (A-weighted)
- Crosstalk: -120dB for 1kHz, better than -100dB for 20Hz -20kHz
- Output impedance: 22Ω unbalanced
- Output impedance: 44Ω balanced
- Power consumption: 10W idle / 15W max
- Power inputs: 5,5/2,5 mm DC connector centre positive proprietary FPL 4-pin DC connector (FPL) 22-30VDC
- Power adapter: 100-240 VAC to 24VDC
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 21,7 x 20,6 x 5 cm; 8.6 x 8.1 x 2.0 inch
- Weight: 1,8 kg; 3.97 lbs