THE BEST OF HIGH-FIDELITY SOUND
Utopia still harbours its 'M'-shaped dome, pure Beryllium speaker drivers for transparent and true sound reproduction. The new addition to the speaker driver is in the voice coil. Focal has developed a brand-new voice coil that brings together reliability and lightness. Some customers have unfortunately encountered issues with speaker drivers in their Utopia headphones, so they have worked hard to resolve this problem. The new voice coil is made up of 30% copper and 70% aluminium, making the speaker driver extremely reliable whilst maintaining its excellent performance.
To push the limits of Utopia even further, to improve linearity and reproduction of the treble, they have incorporated the 'M'-shaped speaker driver grille (developed for Clear Mg), which follows the curve of the dome. With the new Utopia, what you get is unequalled sound performance with vastly improved reliability!
A DISTINGUISHED DESIGN
Combining comfort and aesthetics, the design and concept behind Utopia certainly live up to these exceptional headphones. The forged carbon yokes, made from recycled carbon, are modern and sophisticated in style, whilst providing more lightness. The honeycomb grille, synonymous with Focal's open-back headphones, and the Black Chrome ring showcase subtle design details, like the Yin & Yang on the outer case and the black and red double grille on the speaker driver.
So many aesthetic features that fiercely embody Utopia: the perfect balance between technology and design! With the new Utopia headphones, we are delighted to introduce new design codes, which will also be used on Focal's future Utopia products.
TOP OF THE RANGE ACCESSORIES
The headphones continue to be delivered in leather-effect packaging and with a carrying case. Two cables are supplied: one 5ft (1.5m) mini-jack cable with 1/4" (6.35mm) Jack adapter, and one 10ft (3m) cable with XLR connector. These two hi-fi accessories are contained by an attractive genuine leather tie.
Utopia are the ultimate Focal headphones. They are the brand's flagship product, combining the best of our technologies with assertive design, to enhance your listening experience.
Their full-range, Beryllium, ‘M’-shaped speaker drivers are fully open-backed and run with no passive or active correction, from 5 Hz to over 50 kHz! The listening experience they deliver is strikingly real, precise and dynamic, with a soundstage that is both wide and deep: close your eyes and feel the musicians beside you. Combining comfort and aesthetics, Utopia delivers uncompromising design and conception. The forged, recycled carbon yokes are modern and sophisticated in style, whilst providing more lightness. The honeycomb grille and Black Chrome ring showcase subtle design details, like the Yin & Yang on the outer case, the black and red double grille on the speaker driver, and more.
So many elements that fiercely embody Utopia: the perfect balance between technology and design!
- Genuine leather headband
- Perforated lambskin memory foam ear pads for more openness
- ‘M’-shaped grille following the curve of the speaker driver. Better linearity of the high frequencies
- Lemo® connectors with locking mechanism
- Forged, recycled carbon yokes that mould to the face
- Honeycomb grille to ensure openness and full decompression of the speaker driver
- ‘M’-shaped, pure Beryllium dome speaker drivers. Exceptional clarity of sound
- High-end, open-back, high-fidelity headphones ; for home use
- Full-range speaker driver with ‘M’-shaped, pure Beryllium dome: pure, dynamic and perfectly balanced sound
- Made in France in the Focal workshops
- Design that adapts to all head morphologies: optimum comfort
- Premium materials and sophisticated finishes: genuine leather, forged, recycled carbon, aluminium, etc.
In the Box
- Focal Utopia 2022 headphone
- Premium faux-leather box
- 5ft cable (1.5m) with 1 x 1/8" (3.5mm) asymmetric TRS Jack connector and 2 x Lemo® connectors
- 10ft cable (3m) with 1 x symmetrical 4-point XLR connector and 2 Lemo® connectors
- Jack adapter, 1/8" (3.5mm) point socket – 1/4" (6.35mm) point plug
- Premium rigid carrying case in matching color
|Type||Circum-aural, open-back headphones|
|Sensitivity||104dB SPL / 1mW @ 1kHz|
|THD||<0.2 % @ 1kHz / 100dB SPL|
|Frequency response||5Hz – 50kHz|
|Speaker driver||19/16" (40mm) pure beryllium 'M'-shaped dome|
|Cable provided||• 1 x 5ft cable (1.5m) with 1 x 1/8" (3.5mm) asymmetric TRS Jack connector and 2 x Lemo® connectors
• 1 x 10ft cable (3m) with 1 x symmetrical 4-point XLR connector and 2 Lemo® connectors
• 1 x Jack adapter, 1/8" (3.5mm) point socket – 1/4" (6.35mm) point plug
|Carrying case included||9.8x9.4x4.7" (25x24x12cm)|