*Available to Demo in Store*
- Open/Closed Back design by virtue of removable logo caps on ear cups.
- 50mm dynamic driver delivers best in class sonic performance
- 97 dB sensitivity allows Edition S to be driven by virtually any portable audio device including smartphones, iPods etc.
- Asymmetrical Ear Cups- form follows function as these ear cups are designed to contour to the shape of the human ear.
- Comfort- light weight combined with padded headband provides hours of listening pleasure no matter where you are.
- High Performance cable – Oxygen Free Copper (OFC)
The Edition S from HiFiMan is able to transform from a closed-back on-ear headphone to an open-back on-ear headphone, quickly and easily.
Headphone experts have long recognized the sonic benefits of an open back design while closed back headphones are often a necessity when traveling or listening in close quarters such as an airplane. HiFiMAN gives you the best of both worlds with an on-ear headphone that can go from one mode to simply by adding (or removing) the logo cap on the ear cup. Engineers have cleverly optimized the performance in each mode to make this not only possible but also quick and easy
At the heart of the Edition S is a 50mm dynamic driver designed for full range frequency response with exceptional detail and imaging. With a sensitivity rating of 97dB and impedance of 32 ohms, the HiFiMAN on-ear headphone can be driven by most portable audio devices such as smartphones and iPods. Completing the connection, Edition S is fitted with a high performance Oxygen Free Copper cable that is 1.2 m long and terminated in a 3.5mm mini jack.
Comfort and Convenience
Edition S folds in a compact shape for easy carrying and comes supplied with a travel case. Weighing in at only 8 ounces (340 grams), S can be worn comfortably for hours on end thanks to its light weight and padded headband. The ear cups and pads generally follow the shape of the human ear offering further comfort to the listener. A 6.35mm (1/4”) phone jack adapter is supplied allowing the owner to plug Edition S into portable or HiFi equipment.