iBasso at Audio46
Product Details from the Brand
Any mention of "us," "we," "our," etc is by iBasso, not Audio46
DX320MAX Ti LIMITED EDITION
Compared with the previous generation MAX series, one of the major improvements of the DX320MAX Ti is the replacement of the carbon film analog potentiometer with a stepped attenuator, making this the world's first portable player with a balanced stepped attenuator (4 sections).
The analog potentiometers of DX220MAX and DX300MAX slide on the carbon film in the potentiometer with the resistance at different positions decreasing as you increase volume, which is used to attenuate the volume. Analog potentiometers solve the bit rate truncation problem in digital volume adjustment, retaining the full resolution of the recording. However, its design principle can present severe channel imbalance between the left and right channels at very low volumes. Also, the resistance tolerance of carbon film can be quite large, and often there is a+/-2dB uncontrollable volume imbalance between channels in the entire range and as the years of use increase, the carbon film wears, which may introduce a distortion to the sound when adjusting the volume.
MINIATURIZED STEPPED ATTENUATORS
One of the best ways to adjust volume in analog, is with stepped attenuators. The resistors we have chosen are of very high precision, with low temperature drift, no thermal noise, and excellent audio performance. Our stepped attenuator utilizes a high-durability alloy contact to switch the internal discrete resistors mechanically. Our use of high-precision resistors keeps the difference between channels controlled to within +/-0.1dB. This is a massive improvement over +/-2dB of carbon film potentiometers. Moreover, there is no severe channel imbalance issue at very low listening volumes. In terms of sound, the stepped attenuator is very transparent, with accurate positioning and more precise imaging.
With the development of the miniaturized stepped attenuator going on for a number of years, we are very excited to finally have it appear on the DX320MAX Ti. We seek to never compromise with our pursuit of perfection!
- The digital and analog sections of the DX320MAX are powered separately, with each having an independentcharging system.
- The digital and analog hardware and signal communications, adopt optocouplers and I2C isolators to completely isolate the digital to analog sections from any interference.
- The AMP section is powered by a true +/- 8.4V battery pack. No voltage boost is used, which ensures the highest purity and current output.
- An optimized super class A discrete amp circuit, which eliminates the switching distortion of transistors, while providing the sound signature of a class A amplifier, that also significantly reduces heat generation, is used.
- The DX320MAX has versatile outputs that incorporate a 4.4mm balanced phone out/ line out, and a 3.5mm single ended phone out/ line out.
- The voltage output of the 3.5mm single ended is up to 4.5V RMS, and the balanced phone output is up to 9V RMS.
- Electrolytic capacitors and film capacitors are used in the DX320MAX.
- A custom analog 4-wiper stepped attenuator that has less than +/-0.1dB channel tolerance imbalance, has been selected.
- 4 settings for the physical gain control.
- 5.0" IPS screen (1080*1920), with On Cell capacitive touch panel.
- Quad BD34301EKV ROHM DAC Chips are incorporated.
- Bit for Bit playback with support up to 32bit/768kHz.
- Support of Native DSD up to and including 512x.
- 14nm Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 SoC.
- 6GB LPDDR4X + 128GB ROM.
- FPGA-Master, a dedicated control of the audio system.
- 2 Accusilicon ultra-low phase noise Femtosecond oscillators.
- Support of QC3.0 and PD3.0 quick charge for the digital section.
- USB digital output that outputs up to PCM 32bit/384kHz, Native DSD256, and DoP DSD128.
- Mini coaxial output that supports up to 24bit/384kHz and DoP DSD128.
- Support for 2.4G & 5G WiFi, Bluetooth 5.0.
- Support of SDXC and SDHC Micro SD cards up to and including 2TB.
- Support USB3.1 Superspeed transfer.
- USB DAC function that supports up to 32bit/384kHz and DoP DSD128.
- Android 11 + Mango OS.
- Audio Formats Supported: MQA, APE, FLAC, WAV, WMA, AAC, ALAC, AIFF, OGG, MP3, DFF, DSF, and
- 17 hours play time in normal mode and 13 hours in the Ultimate mode.