Introducing the All-New ÆON® 2
Big Full-size Sound, Small Size for Portability
ÆON Flow 2 is Dan Clark Audio's (formerly MrSpeakers) all-new affordable high-performance headphone. Our original AEON Flow headphones broke new ground with their ergonomic and stylish industrial design that’ve become the signature of Dan Clark Audio designs. AEON Flow won many awards for its superb ergonomics, great sound, high-reliability and exceptional value; it’s hard to believe we could find a ways to improve on that… but we did!
Performance That Just Won't Quit- The new Aeon 2 is no minor tweek to a great product, it’s a colossal functional and performance upgrade. The team took what they learned designing one of the most highly awarded flagship headphones in the market last year, Ether 2, and redesigned the AEON 2 from the ground up using ETHER 2’s state of the art driver tech. New features include:
- Updated driver flipped 180 degrees removes all motor structures between the driver and the ear for higher resolution and much larger soundstage
- Streamlined precision machined single-piece flow elements eliminates voids and stray air paths within the motor to improve internal airflow, enhancing micro-detail retrieval
- New "collapsing gimbal" allows a full size headphone to store in a remarkably compact case for easy traveling, without adding weight
- Superior driver damping for improved resolution, dynamics and a smoother frequency response
- AEON Flow 2 replaces a cast aluminum baffle with a carbon fiber and machined aluminum design that is more rigid yet lighter.
The sum of all these innovations is a headphone the renders music with emotional impact unheard of at this price point: visceral bass, transparent mids, and detail up top that is presented in a deep and immersive soundstage that puts the music further “out of your head” to deliver a deeply satisfying experience.
ÆON 2 is finished in a red paint with black anodizing and real carbon fiber cup inserts. ÆON headphones include your choice of our DUMMER (Distinctly Un-Magical) cable with an integrated dual 1/4" and 3.5mm plug or 4-pin XLR termination. We're also now offering an upgrade option to select our super-premium VIVO cables, which offer a larger soundstage, smoother tone, improved ergonomics, and a choice of 2.5, 3.5, or 4.4mm tips, as well as 2 and 3m 1/4" and 4-pin XLR terminations.
- Efficiency: 92dB/mW Closed, 94dB Open
- Weight (without cable): 340gr Closed, 321gr Open
- Detachable 2m premium dual-entry cable with 3.5mm and 1/4" termination
- Impedance: 13 ohms
- Frequency Response: Yes
My favorite headphones were the Aeon flow Closed, but had to sell them due to financial difficulties. I used those for over 2,000 hours. Now I have these that collapse in the coolest way. They definitely have an improved sound that keeps getting better as I burn them in. Wish it had the hole punched headband from the Ether 2s. This one looks sloppy compared to the rest of the headphone. Also at one point, the earpads painfully suctioned my eardrums as I removed the headphones. I hope to purchase the perforated earpads to avoid that. Thankfully it hasn't happened again since then. The new logo looks sleek! Congrats on the namechange from Mr. Speakers.