Developed by RME, Digiface AVB is a glance into the future of audio network technology. The device uses AVB, an open protocol developed by the IEEE, to transfer up to 256 channels of audio between PC and audio network. An additional headphone output allows high quality monitoring.
Connectivity and Features
- RME USB 3.0
- 1 x Phones Output
- TotalMix FX
- ARC USB
- Word Clock I/O
- Gigabit Ethernet (802.3 compliant)
- DC-coupled Outputs (Phones)
Exploring new Ways to transport Audio
RME’s Digiface AVB showcases how audio can be transferred from a Mac or PC into the network and back using the AVB protocol stack. It allows to send up to 128 audio channels for record and playback at 48 kHz / 24 bit sampling frequency and 64 channels at 96 kHz (128 channels I/O AVB) or 32 channels at 192 kHz with quad speed (64 channels I/O AVB).
Channels are organized in streams of configurable size from 2 to 32 channels, which enables connections to all available AVB audio devices on the market (comprehensive compatibility tests pending). The accompanying software package comprises an AVDECC controller, which provides essential functions to discover all AVB devices in a network and manage connections of incoming and outgoing streams. Basic monitoring capabilities are built in. TotalMix FX enables comprehensive routing and monitoring options.
TotalMix FX and TotalMix Remote
Like all the latest RME interfaces, the Digiface Series also includes the powerful digital real-time mixer TotalMix FX. It allows for practically unlimited mixing and routing operations, with all inputs and playback channels simultaneously, to any hardware outputs.
The Digiface Series includes a dedicated Control Room section with Talkback, Main/Phones, fader groups, mute groups, complete remote controllability via Mackie or OSC protocol, and much more. The Digiface Series does not support DSP based effects (FX) like EQ or reverb.
Additionally RME’s latest software, TotalMix Remote, enhances the power of RME interfaces by enabling remote control via iOS, PC or Mac. With a straightforward set up process — simply enter the IP address of the computer you would like to control with TotalMix Remote and get going — users can quickly adjust any aspect of TotalMix FX on a host system while walking around the studio with their tablet, or from a control room located elsewhere in the facility.
DigiCheck - Test, Measurement and Analysis Tool for Mac & Windows
The Interface comes with RME's unique software tool box for metering, testing, measuring and analyzing digital audio streams. On Mac OS X provides unique functions and features of the spectral analysis of the data calculated in hardware level right through to sophisticated multi-channel level meter. On Windows, an additional multi-track recorder and the display of playback data from an audio software are also available.
Gigabit Ethernet Port
- 100 Mbit/s, 1 Gbit/s
- Standard port LEDs: yellow connected, green data transmission
- Supports straight and crossover cables (Auto MDI-X)
- Up to 16 AVB audio streams
- AVDECC based exchange of status and control data
- Network-based remote control of the unit (TotalMix Remote)
Word Clock In
- BNC, not terminated (10 kOhm)
- Switchable internal termination 75 Ohm
- Automatic Double/Quad Speed detection and conversion to Single Speed
Word Clock Out
- Max level: 5 Vss
- Level with termination 75 Ohm: 4.0 Vss
- Internal impedance: 10 Ohm
Output Analog Phones 33/34
- Dynamic range (DR): 110 dB RMS unweighted, 113 dBA
- Frequency response @ 44.1 kHz, -0.5 dB: 0 Hz – 20.8 kHz
- Frequency response @ 96 kHz, -0.5 dB: 0 Hz – 45 kHz
- Frequency response @ 192 kHz, -1 dB: 0 Hz - 89 kHz
- THD @ -1 dBFS: - 96 dB, 0.0016 %
- THD+N @ -1 dBFS: -95 dB, 0.0017 %
- Channel separation: > 100 dB
- Output: 6.3 mm TRS jack, unbalanced
- Output impedance: 2 Ohm
- Output level at 0 dBFS, 1 kOhm load: +9.5 dBu
- Max power @ 0.1% THD: 50 mW
- Clocks: Internal, AVB, Word
- Supported sample rates: 44.1 kHz up to 192 kHz
- Power supply: USB bus power
- Typical power consumption: 1.5 Watts
- Current at 5 V bus power operation: 300 mA
- Max power consumption: 2 Watts (400 mA)
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 112 x 26 x 83 mm (4.41" x 1.02" x 3.27")
- Weight: 300 g (0.49 lbs)
- Temperature range: +5° up to +50° Celsius (41° F up to 122°F)
- Relative humidity: < 75%, non condensing