Dynamic Vocal Microphone
If you’ve ever heard someone sing or speak into a live microphone, there’s an excellent chance it was an SM58. Rock stars. Pop idols. Comedians. Presidents. Popes. Immortal words have passed through its iconic grille for generations. And with engineering and durability that set the world standard, it’s sure to keep turning up at legendary performances.
- SM58-LC Includes stand adapter and zippered pouch
- SM58-CN Includes 7.6 m XLR-male to XLR-female cable, swivel adapter and a zippered pouch
- SM58S Includes integrated on/off switch, swivel adapter and a zippered pouch
HOW IT WORKS
Made to handle voice with clarity and care, the uniform cardioid polar pattern reproduces every note as it was intended. And it leaves background noise behind. On any stage—from the club show to the stadium—the SM58 delivers warm, crisp sound time after time.
WHY IT'S BETTER
Roll with no shake or rattle
Handling noise gets absorbed by the pneumatic shock mount, keeping the sound free of vibration.
Screen out unwanted air
When wind and plosives try to take over, the spherical mesh grille and built-in pop filter keep them out of the mix.
Rugged for the road ahead
Taking the show on tour? The mic’s durable construction and the break-resistant mic clip keep the SM58 going strong through the toughest performances.
- Frequency response tailored for vocals, with brightened midrange and bass rolloff
- Uniform cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source and minimizes background noise
- Pneumatic shock-mount system cuts down handling noise
- Effective, built-in spherical wind and pop filter
- Supplied with break-resistant stand adapter which rotates 180 degrees
- Legendary Shure quality, ruggedness and reliability
- Cardioid (unidirectional) dynamic
- Frequency response: 50 to 15,000 Hz
- Type Dynamic
- Frequency Response 50 to 15,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern Cardioid
- Sensitivity (at 1,000 Hz Open circuit voltage) –54.5 dBV/Pa (1.85 mV) 1 Pa = 94 dB SPL
- Impedance Rated impedance is 150 Ω (300 Ω actual) for connection to microphone inputs rated low impedance
- Polarity Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
- Case Dark gray, enamel-painted, die cast metal; matte-finished, silver colored, spherical steel mesh grille
- Connector Three-pin professional audio connector (male XLR type)
- Weight Net: 298 g
- Dimensions 162 mm L x 51 mm W