Violectric at Audio46
Product Details from the Brand
Any mention of "us," "we," "our," etc is by Violectric, not Audio46
PPA V790 balanced phono stage pre-amplifer
The Violectric PPA V790 is a phono preamp with previously unknown features, extensive setting options and newly developed extremely low-noise and low-distortion amplifier technology. Due to the large number of its inputs, up to six pickups can be managed in one preamplifier for the first time.
The device offers:
- 3 balanced stereo phono inputs via XLR
- 3 unbalanced stereo phono inputs via RCA
- 7 switchable impedances from 10 - 1000 ohms (for MC systems)
- 8 switchable capacities from 22 - 1000 pF (for MM systems)
- 7 gain stages from 30 – 66 dB
- Clip indicator to visualize operating errors
- 3 equalization filters RIAA, NAB, Columbia-LP
- switchable subsonic filter 20 Hz
- 3-fold boost circuit for adapting to subsequent equipment
- It goes without saying that all individually set parameters are saved
Up to six pickups (3 x symmetrical + 3 x asymmetrical) can be connected to the Violectric PPA V790 at the same time.
The parameters of input impedance, input capacitance, amplification factor, equalization, subsonic and output adjustment (boost) can be saved individually for each pickup. These are clearly displayed with white LEDs on the front and can be varied using a button.
The usual simple distinction between MM and MC systems is dispensed with. MC high-output or quiet MM systems can also be optimally integrated via the wide gain setting from +30 to +66 dB.
The amplifier in the Violectric PPA V790 is DC-coupled with cascaded bipolar and super-fast input transistors for maximum bandwidth, extremely low noise, lowest distortion and maximum dynamics - discolorations of any kind are not to be expected here! The amplification can be set within wide limits from +30 dB (factor 30) to +66 dB (factor 2000). A clip indicator helps to avoid incorrect settings.
The three selectable equalizers, which are also DC-coupled, offer characteristic curves accurate to 0.1 dB according to the common RIAA standard, but also according to NAB and LP-Columbia for "exotic" sound carriers.
A switchable subsonic filter helps to eliminate low-frequency interference. With the help of the boost settings of 0, +6 and +12 dB, the Violectric PPA V790 can be perfectly adapted to any subsequent equipment.