Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7NC High-Res Headphones with Active Noise Cancellation
The Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7NC headphones combine the Hi-Res Audio technology and design features from the original ATH-MSR7 with newly developed active-noise cancelling technology to bring you the ultimate listening experience.
These headphones are outfitted with exclusive 45 mm True Motion Drivers to deliver distortion-free audio reproduction with extended frequency response. A miniature microphone is incorporated into the top of each ear cup to pick up ambient noise that can then be blocked by an appropriate sound-cancelling signal when the active noise-cancelling function is activated. Having the microphone on the top, instead of on the side, of the housing ensures consistent noise cancellation unaffected by the user’s head movement or by wind noise.
Each ear cup also has an acoustic vent, ideally positioned on the side of the housing, 90 degrees from mic, to enhance tuning without negatively affecting sound quality. The result is consistent Hi-Res Audio reproduction whether in active or passive noise-cancelling modes.
The ATH-MSR7NC’s highly flexible swivel design, along with its soft, memory foam ear pads and headband, ensure lasting comfort even during the longest listening sessions. The headphones also come with two detachable cables: 1.2 m (3.9′) standard cable and a 1.2 m (3.9′) cable with in-line controls and microphone for use with smartphones. An internal 3.7V lithium polymer battery powers the active noise-cancelling function and can easily be recharged using the included USB charging cable.
Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7NC Features
- Exclusive 45 mm True Motion Drivers, featuring a highly responsive diaphragm and lightweight voice coil, deliver Hi-Res Audio with controlled transients
- Noise-cancelling and venting technologies work together to maintain the Hi-Res Audio reproduction in both active and passive noise-cancelling modes
- 360 degree omnidirectional noise-cancelling technology with high signal-to-noise ratio ensures consistent noise cancellation that is not affected by user’s head movement
- Precision-tooled flange and crescent-shaped PCB balance and tune the mid/low frequencies for reduced distortion
- Ultra-comfortable memory foam ear pads and headband
- Internal rechargeable battery provides 30 hours of continuous headphone use when fully charged
- Two detachable cables: standard 1.2 m (3.9′) cable and 1.2 m (3.9′) smartphone-compatible cable with in-line mic and controls for answering calls and controlling music
- Includes airline adapter, USB charging cable and pouch
Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7NC Specifications
- Type: Dynamic
- Driver Diameter: 45 mm
- Frequency Response: 5-40,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 104 dB/mW (active mode)
- Impedance: 150 ohms (active)
- Battery: Internal Battery: 3.7V rechargeable lithium polymer battery
- Battery Life: 30 hours (continuous transmission time including music playback time), Depending on environmental conditions
- Battery Charging Time: 4 hours, Depending on environmental conditions
- Weight: 305 g (10.8 oz.), without cable
- Cable: Detachable 1.2 m (3.9′) standard cable, detachable 1.2 m (3.9′) cable with in-line mic and controls
- Connector: 3.5 mm (1/8 inch) gold-plated stereo mini plug, L-shaped
- Accessories Included: USB charging cable, airline adapter, pouch
- Type (Microphone): Condenser
- Frequency Response (Microphone): 50 – 4,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern (Microphone): Omnidirectionalact