Ifi Nano iDSD Black Label
Outputting 10 times more power than a laptop or phone and with a built-in iEMatch, the nano iDSD Black Label can drive any set of headphones or in-ear monitors (IEMs).
Small, lightweight and battery powered, the nano iDSD Black Label can go everywhere you go and it won’t drain your phone’s battery.
It’s Master Quality Authenticated
MQA technology makes hi-res audio streaming a reality and delivers studio master quality audio to your headphones.
It’s High-Resolution Certified
The nano iDSD Black Label is one of the most high-resolution DACs on the market. It supports PCM up to 32/384 kHz and DSD up to 256 times the sample rate of a CD. It is also certified as ‘High-Res Audio’ by the Japan Electronics and Information Technology Industries Association (JEITA) and Japan Audio Society (JAS).
It’s the only portable DAC that lets you choose between the “Listen” (minimum phase Bezier Filter) and “Measure” (linear phase Transient Aligned Filter) options.
The nano iDSD Black Label includes iEMatch to let you choose how much power to apply to your headphones, so it matches sensitive IEMs as well as larger headphones.
What’s new with iDSD nano Black Label?
1. The integrated iPurifier adds noise isolation for USB Input.
2. The new OTG ‘A-Type’ USB input links seamlessly with iPhone/smartphones and tablets.
3. The analogue stage features dual-mono design and a dedicated fixed level line out.
4. S-Balanced wiring system for the headphone outputs. This gives the full benefit of balanced outputs when used with headphones/IEMs fitted with balanced wiring with low noise and distortion. Even cuts crosstalk in half for unbalanced headphones.
The nano iDSD Black Label, while very affordable, is packed to the rafters with boutique components. Here are just a few:
1. Thin Film Resistors for audio section lower noise & distortion than standard metal film or carbon film types.
2. Tantalum Polymer Capacitors for Power Supplies.
3. TDK C0G capacitors for the analogue filter.
4. Panasonic ECPU Film Capacitor for critical DAC reference voltage.
5. Analogue volume control potentiometer for best sound quality.
6. Dual-Mono Headphone amplifier with 3.5mm TRRS balanced wiring all the way to the amplifier, despite the amplifier being single-ended this delivers all the benefits of balanced wiring.
7. Built-in iEMatch using MELF resistors for transparent matching of very sensitive headphones and/or IEMs.
The parts, the circuitry, the implementation is something else and makes the nano iDSD Black Label a worthy successor to the original nano iDSD.
The nano iDSD one of the few portable, truly audiophile DACamps out there and the fact that it is priced appealing to the real-world means many are going to enjoy their music a whole lot more without being excluded by the price.