One Year Warranty
IFI - PowerStation Outlet Mains with ANC
Every audio system can be tainted by poor mains quality – a problem that affects many of us, especially those living in towns and cities. The quality of our mains power is further eroded by the abundance of cheap switch-mode power supplies in typical household appliances and the sea of RFI/EMI in which we are constantly bathed. The signals that move loudspeaker drive units are electrical; if the ‘unrefined fuel’ from which these signals are formed – the power we feed our systems – is corrupted, the negative impact on sound quality is inevitable. At iFi we manufacture a number of highly effective products that reduce ‘noise’ (distortion) in incoming electrical power – both directly from the mains or via USB ports – but the PowerStation is the first to offer our proprietary Active Noise Cancellation in a whole-system, six/eight outlet mains solution.
- The iFi PowerStation ACTIVELY cancels all noise. This means it is able to cancel far more noise across the whole frequency range than a passive product, even across the lower frequencies.
- Additional passive filters have been added on each outlet to eradicate noise from the very highest frequencies.
- Each outlet is independently isolated in its own chamber to prevent differential mode crosscontamination, with the addition of strategically placed EVA (Ethylene Vinyl Acetate) to damp vibrations.
- The PowerStation indicates correct polarity so you can avoid damaging polarity issues.
- It also shows whether your system is earthed. The PowerStation has an earth/ground socket so you can add a ground cable to rid yourself of buzz/hum caused by no earth.
- The PowerStation will not cause a ground loop should you insert an ground cable into the earth/ground socket even when your system is already earthed.
- The in-built Over-voltage Surge Protection protects your system from shorts, spikes and surges in the power supply and potential equipment damage.
- You can use your existing AC iPurifiers with the PowerStation. Separate your digital and analogue devices to ensure even less noise contamination.*